The joy of sandblasting!

-

Randy WM

Reaction score
There's nothing like having the right tool for the job. Finally broke down and bought a pressure pot sandblaster. It's one of the smaller 5 gallon blasters, but it beats the daylights out of the hand held gravity feed blaster I was using.

I got the radiator support for the 71 Demon cleaned up in no time. We will be welding next weekend!

Congrats Randy! Nothin' like suiting up, wrapping a towel around your head, wrestling with the Binks mask, grabbing the gloves, plugging in the air line ... and realizing the pot is empty.

Nope, I don't do much blasting around here. LMAO!!!

Seriously, please be sure to wear the proper equipment and keep yourself safe and healthy. We want you around for awhile! :-D

if ya dont mind how much did that cost you dont know how many times i could of used a nice sandblaster

You are right those gravity ones I call spot blasters...like dime spot blaster LOL

Wow that is cheap. But it's a basic one.Your going to have to ad wheels if you dont want to drag it around,lol.

if ya dont mind how much did that cost you dont know how many times i could of used a nice sandblaster

I got it at Northern Tool for $169 plus tax. It does have wheels and it has a nice nozzle with a trigger handle and a ceramic tip. The really cheap ones just have a ball valve for a trigger. I'll need to upgrade my compressor later on down the road. Even the smaller one takes a lot of air. I've been wanting one of those 60 gallon Husky compressors anyway!

Randy, when you're ready to upgrade, check with TPTools.com. They have great prices, a wide selection of ceramic tips in bulk, and a really sweet trigger handle setup (it's called a "Blast Gun Upgrade Kit" and you can find it in with the blast cabinets).

-
Back