The LAST time I raced a Subaru....

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I kicked ***.
Silly story. I was on the way home from a car club meeting in the Charger one night, stopped at a light. 3 lanes merge into 2, I am in the left, the WRX is in the right. I look over, he blips the throttle a bit. I smiled and looked away.
The light turns green and I leave the line like usual: Just a few rpms short of breaking traction, which isn't much. WRX launched hard to get in front of the middle lane guy. I see him get a jump on me and I leaned into it a bit more and we are evened up. He shifted into third as I hit second and I am gaining. I hear detonation in my engine so I lift a bit. I am still leading, but I hear his car screaming. I hit drive and a moment later he shifted again. By the time I look down I am doing 70 in a 55 and I let out of it. I then realized that my Gear Vendors was in OVERDRIVE the whole time. Instead of having the 3.91 gear, I was racing in a ratio of 3.05.
I'd like a "do-over" with race gas and the OD off.
THAT would certainly be a blowout!

Attachments

• June 12 181.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 716
easy win ,for all but the most radical wrxs.i give them the leave, then blow by every time,usually right when i hit second....

I have raced a few WRX and it has never even been close. Until I let off and then they blow by at 130 mph like they have something to prove. Dude, you already lost.

Actually, I am surprised at the lack of reaction to this post. The last time I posted a story about a street race, I got roasted by @ 75% of the people about street racing. I built my car for the street, and that's where I race. I'm glad to see you do it too, and I'm glad you blew out another rice burner. Maybe they will someday learn their place .... behind us.

Not sure why you are surprised......the WRX is really geared for rallying..would like to see yours go for a run through the woods...now that would be a hoot !

Grassy

Had a go with one one the chopper the other day. Just because it is a chopper does not mean it does not have some balls to it. Suppose to be right around 130 hp with an equal amount of torque,.....After 85 or so I backed off, but at that point I have several car lengths on him....At times I do miss my old GSXR1000. Only car I ever lost to on the freeway was a twin turboed Mustang. And he did not lose me, just got a bumper on me....until about 150 when he got out of it, I clicked it up into sixth and stayed in it to the rev limiter....We both stopped to get fuel at the same place when we got off the free way. Hell of a nice guy, was in his early 70's......

Iam surprised to that he didn't get all the do gooders on him. I run on the street but don't post it on here because of the feedback. Ill do my thing and they can do theirs.

Street racing should be punished with lifetime license revocation. It's that simple.

Sweet charger,
Why pick on the little guys have your size.........lol

How to start an argument on FABO...

! - Express your opinion
2 - Wait

They need a like button on FABO. I agree. There are three kinds of people here. Those who share your opinion, those who don't share your opinion but respect your right to choose, and those who don't share your opinion and want the world to know that they are so much better than the rest of us that their opinion is the only one that matters.

If someone died that was close to them in a street racing accident, that how
they would feel.
Thats there opinion in a open forum. So I feel some anger from that post.

Darryl

I have a bunch of mopar cars ranging from dusters to cudas etc and love them,But I do have an sti I would give you a run with. Wrx's are good but limited to I think 300 awhp do to the 5 speed tranny being junk. My sti makes 508 awhp on pump and don't even break a sweet doing it.

Anyways that is a nice charger you have there.

I have a bunch of mopar cars ranging from dusters to cudas etc and love them,But I do have an sti I would give you a run with. Wrx's are good but limited to I think 300 awhp do to the 5 speed tranny being junk. My sti makes 508 awhp on pump and don't even break a sweet doing it.

Anyways that is a nice charger you have there.

There is always SOMEONE bigger & badder...........just saying

I am not one of the guys that drives around looking to race. I have never raced for money. I have never "bet" anyone that my car was faster, followed by street action. I could probably fairly say that I have raced on the street less than 10 times in 30 years of driving.
I am MORE aggressive in my daily driver than I usually am in the Charger. The case of the Subaru was an instance of opportunity.
I agree that street racing through busy streets isn't right. People that take their races out to an industrial area or other places ? I have no problem with that.

I hear you 100 percent, I just like to race.. win or lose. I run at the track though. I have people try to run me all the time locally and I just let them go.

There's a time and place for everything in life. I think it's been made obvious in this thread that there are varying opinions on where that place might be. We are all here because of a shared love of the hobby. I respect everyone's right to an opinion. It's our God given right.

By the way what is the details on the charger, motor. trans... Any more pictures. Looks like nicely put together car

If someone died that was close to them in a street racing accident, that how
they would feel.
Thats there opinion in a open forum. So I feel some anger from that post.

Darryl

And if someone died in your house, what should the outcome be?

I am a hypocrite as I have done it also.
I raced my friend back in the 80s in the streets in a neighborhood and it was a
blast. It was crazy doing that.
I guess when I was young I never would let off.
Today I just open it up on the highway and stay clear of traffic.

Sure love that Charger!

Darryl

-
Back