The latest on Stairway To Tarus rip off.

-

adriver

Blazing Apostle
Reaction score
Plant and Page, Randy California's Spirit is coming for you.
How appropriate that is happening today on the Autumnal Equinox.
Boo.
Original or Copied? ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Is Back in Court

Zeppelin fans.
:mob:
But yea, Led probably copied.
Bet you did not know this.
Four decades later, a plagiarism claim
Why did the plaintiffs wait more than 40 years after “Stairway to Heaven” was released to bring the case? For one thing, the wishes of the author of “Taurus” were unclear.

Mr. Wolfe, a singer, songwriter and guitarist nicknamed Randy California by his friend Jimi Hendrix, had long disapproved of “Stairway to Heaven,” calling it “a rip-off” in an interview shortly before he died. But he never sued.

At least Stairway a safe driving song.
Best driving song ever?

5 Most Dangerous Songs To Drive To (And The 5 Safest)
Top 5 most dangerous driving songs:
1. American Idiot – Green Day
2. Party in the U.S.A – Miley Cyrus
3. Mr. Brightside – The Killers
4. Don’t Let Me Down – The Chainsmokers
5. Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen

Top 5 safest driving songs:
1. Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin
2. Under the Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. God’s Plan - Drake
4. Africa – Toto
5. Location – Khalid

These are more obvious copy.
And better driving songs.
Ian Hunter deserves his day in court too.
While still alive?

Almost anyone who listens to the two songs would say they bear at least some resemblance to each other. But the “Stairway to Heaven” lawsuit is about composition, not how the song was recorded. Filter out the audio production and performance flashes from Led Zeppelin’s eight-minute studio version, and what remains are the song’s basic melodies, chords and structure. Are they similar enough to “Taurus” to make it a copy?

Questions like that can be difficult for a lay juror to answer. And many litigators and copyright scholars say music cases are especially complex, since they often come down to whether a song’s composition is truly original or draws on elements so common that they are available to any songwriter.

Who needs Bowie anyway when we have Ferry.

It's only the first few seconds.

It IS similar, though.

I've been a mediocre guitarist for 35 years and I hear parts of songs in other songs all the time.

They must be record fans, because this story is stuck in a groove on a track that wore out a long long time ago.

IDK, I still hear Stairway 2-3 times a week on the radio.

The only Spirit song I ever hear is "I Got A Line On You" and I haven't heard that in years.

(watch me "summon Murphy"- I'll hear it on the way home)
(I have a very special relationship with Murphy and his laws)

-
Back