The Man from Tennessee

-
the only one i know of is the one at the mall in maryville on fridays. of course,no more for the season. if we had a nice weekend we could do a meet/lunch or dinner thing.

welcome ! I found fabo the same way the guys on here are pro's and can answer any thing you can throw at them. Its good to see another local !

the only one i know of is the one at the mall in maryville on fridays. of course,no more for the season. if we had a nice weekend we could do a meet/lunch or dinner thing.

We really should. Maryville cruise-in would be a good place.

They used to have one at the McDonalds on Broadway. They also have a small one at the Big Lots in Jefferson City.

BTW, my car is nowhere near cruise-in worthy yet.

They used to have one at the McDonalds on Broadway. They also have a small one at the Big Lots in Jefferson City.

BTW, my car is nowhere near cruise-in worthy yet.

that's ok,think of it like a support group! lol!

Welcome aboard from the northwest side of Tennessee David! It's great you've found us.

When you plan your get together let me know.

How far are ya from crossville,waltburg,oak ridge,tn. I have family there. If I come visit this spring,summer I will trailer my car this time. How does people act if a car comes to the cruise in on a trailer..

How far are ya from crossville,waltburg,oak ridge,tn. I have family there. If I come visit this spring,summer I will trailer my car this time. How does people act if a car comes to the cruise in on a trailer..

i am about 1 hr to 1:30 from either of those. i have plenty of room if you wanted to drop your rig and just drive your car around for a few days. we are close to all the fun mountain roads and scenic stuff also.
25 min. or so from the dragon!

i am about 1 hr to 1:30 from either of those. i have plenty of room if you wanted to drop your rig and just drive your car around for a few days. we are close to all the fun mountain roads and scenic stuff also.
25 min. or so from the dragon!

Ok thanks man. I will let you know when I'am coming to visit.It will be some time from april to june..

IT'S ALIVE! I put a new battery in it and some gas and she started right up although it did run like crap. (It had been sitting for over a year.) I let it idle for a few minutes and then took it down the road to see how it drove. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I got a 1/4 mile from the house I came up on 2 cops sitting on the side of the road. I did a quick u-turn since the tags are expired and I don't have insurance on it yet. Plus, the seat belts are not installed.

It stalled a few times but started running better as I got closer to home. It still needs to be run WFO for a while to clear it out more. I had to replace the rubber lines going to and from the fuel filter as gas was leaking pretty good from the upper hose. I also need to check the cooling system. It seemed to get a little hot. It was blowing a little steam from around the cap. It could be a bad cap or a sign of something more.

Welcome to fabo . Haven't been a member for very long , good bunch of guys on here. Know you,l enjoy!! Any one around the memphis tn. Area?

Thanks guys. Welcome to FABO to you too Tater. That's a beautiful car in your avatar. Is it your's?

Love the sublime swinger mopardrt.

Welcome to the site David! Looks like a good project car. Don't see many V-8 cars out there anymore. I have some kin down off 411 on Benfield rd. My folks were all from Union County.

My son is going to school in Harrogate, TN
Welcome to the site.

Trying to decide what to do with this car. I have decent mechanical ability and I'm confident that I could tune it up and get it in good shape mechanically but I have no experience with paint and bodywork and even less patience. Besides, I'm not sure that I want to sink a bunch of money into this car. To make it worse, I only have a one car carport (no garage) and my wife would like to be able to park her new car there.

Finally, my kids (almost 10 and 12) are into baseball, football, and basketball. Once spring rolls around I have very little time to do anything else besides shuttle kids back and forth to practice and games. My W250F and my son's KTM 65SX haven't been started in months.

-
Back