The Melvins/Kurt Cobain Dodge van for sale

-
Gee! I thought this was about a piece of crap van the Melvins had that Kurt Cobain drew a picture on and may have driven and the idiots bidding on it.

I didn't think it was a Kurt Cobain bashing party.
Can I join in!

First of all I'm not a fan of grunge music. Second I don't condone the us of drugs as he did or the taste he had in a wife.

In his defense we all have problems be it emotional , drugs, booze, or others. There are a lot of celebrities that do or did.

To name a few Jim Morrison ,John Belushi, Heth Ledger, Whitney Houston.

Read Eric Clapton's autobiography the guy is lucky to be a live.

Why is Kurt so different.
Or is it that he offed himself with a shot gun and your pissed.
I never meet him and I bet the majority that's bashing didn't either.
It's all based on what is read and hear say.

I feel sorry for his daughter.

I felt I had to defend him a little as a few others have.
I guess it's because we are both descended from the same family that came from Ireland settled in New Brunswick Canada and then came to the U.S. His part moved to the Washington area and mine stayed in the mid west.

I know it's because he was a celebrity and they are ripe for the bashing.
And you all have your opinions as I do mine.

As I said I don't condone his life style but that's me.

Thanks for letting me say a few ( maybe to many) words.

norshor

99,999.99.The best thing about nirvana is they killed poison,guns and roses,bon jovi and all the other fake groups that dressed like girls for the new video age.

Um............Bon Jovi's ticket sales grossed $203 MILLION last year in concert ticket sales and $20 million in merchandise sales..the band received $125 million, more than ANY other music act besides U2. Bon Jovi made the top 100 celebrity list, ranking number 8. I don't think Nirvana "killed" Bon Jovi.....

Um............Bon Jovi's ticket sales grossed $203 MILLION last year in concert ticket sales and $20 million in merchandise sales..the band received $125 million, more than ANY other music act besides U2. Bon Jovi made the top 100 celebrity list, ranking number 8. I don't think Nirvana "killed" Bon Jovi.....
Depends what you call killed bojovi himself admitted he had to change his music to compete in todays world.Besides Mily cyrus is a millionaire so you dont have to be good to be rich.

LOL, no kidding, just like that Bieber girl....she is a rich no talent bum.....

LOL, no kidding, just like that Bieber girl....she is a rich no talent bum.....

Hey now, Bieber can at least play instruments unlike 90% of the top pop artists right now. Not that I like to listen to Justin Bieber. In my closet. While the kids are at school. Or anything like that.

Norshor- I have to admit I'm not the world's biggest Nirvana fan. When they did the KGRG show in 1990, the most amiable person from Nirvana was Dave Grohl. I only ran into them a few times before they blew up, but the band was 'friends of friends.' I'm not going to throw them under the bus, either. Was what it was to me, nothing more or less- I don't buy the books or watch the movies having anything to do with that era here...I was here and knew enough people to not need the re-writes.
Best under rated bands from that era up here IMHO-
1) The Pleasure Elite
2) My Sister's Machine
3) Running With Scissors
4) Tad
5) The Screaming Trees

seabee- I agree. Mark has a very unique voice and like the stuff he puts out today.

99,999.99.The best thing about nirvana is they killed poison,guns and roses,bon jovi and all the other fake groups

So, when you have the world by the balls, making tons of money hand over fist, sniff it all up your nose, and then stick a gun in your mouth it's called "keeping it real?"

Nirvana was a good band.
If you're a hater...just zip it and stay out of the discussion cause u have no place other than to disrupt and offend those who do like the band, so in other words...ud be the jerkstick simply by posting in this thread only to stir it up with others.

I wouldn't spend that much on that van either.fwiw..
..Though it would be neet/novelty to own it, get drunk in it or whatever...hell maybe even a short tour...but only cause its a DODGE, if it was any other make i would say to recycle it..

Next they'll have a pair of rotten, stinkin, skid marked tighty whiteys that belonged to neil diamond or something..

So, when you have the world by the balls, making tons of money hand over fist, sniff it all up your nose, and then stick a gun in your mouth it's called "keeping it real?"
The man was dealing with Fame and he couldn't handle it.

The biggest problem he had was he was unhappy and an addict. As simple as complex as that.

The man was dealing with Fame and he couldn't handle it.

The biggest problem he had was he was unhappy and an addict. As simple as complex as that.

That's not what I asked. What I asked was in response to the earlier remark of being compared to the so-called "fake" bands.

As in, the "fake" bands didn't "keep it real." At what point does "keep it real" apply or stop applying? Millions out there have been able to overcome addiction. Others have been able to walk away from the spotlight and lead successful lives.

Cobain was influential and talented, there's no argument about that. Personally, I can take or leave Nirvana. But my personal tastes don't take away his place in history. I'm just saying that the manner of death shouldn't elevate a person above others who have come before him or her and laid the path.

It's not like he's walking the path of the martyrs, know what I mean?

Interesting how we as a society will mourn the likes of Elvis, Hendrix, Joplin, Jackson, Lennon, not so much for the talent they had, or the influence they brought to the music, but because of the nature in which they died, where as artists like Roy Orbison or George Harrison are soon relegated to the background for just...well...dying.

If Paul McCartney dies tomorrow of natural causes will his death be less meaningful than Lennon's, even though they both played a role in making the Beatles what they were? (As well as Harrison and Starr, by the way.)

All this over a band?? It is almost as sad as the p@ssing match that went on a while back over a football player......

I didn't think anything bad, Ram- I don't get 'idolizing' these types. Cobain had his issues and the money/fame helped speed up his joining of the "27 Club."

Another "Seattle Story"- a very well known musician from here got contacted to meet Eddie Van Halen (this was back in about '94-'95) when he would be in town. He was all excited because that was one of his biggest influences. Sadly, from the first moment the limo pulled up and he saw Eddie, it was a plane crash. Drunk & coked out, with two biotches (that weren't his wife) and a sh@tload of attitude. The guy went on to tell us (it was at lunch time) how disappointed he was and wished it would have never happened.

That's not what I asked. What I asked was in response to the earlier remark of being compared to the so-called "fake" bands.

As in, the "fake" bands didn't "keep it real." At what point does "keep it real" apply or stop applying? Millions out there have been able to overcome addiction. Others have been able to walk away from the spotlight and lead successful lives.

Cobain was influential and talented, there's no argument about that. Personally, I can take or leave Nirvana. But my personal tastes don't take away his place in history. I'm just saying that the manner of death shouldn't elevate a person above others who have come before him or her and laid the path.

It's not like he's walking the path of the martyrs, know what I mean?

Interesting how we as a society will mourn the likes of Elvis, Hendrix, Joplin, Jackson, Lennon, not so much for the talent they had, or the influence they brought to the music, but because of the nature in which they died, where as artists like Roy Orbison or George Harrison are soon relegated to the background for just...well...dying.

If Paul McCartney dies tomorrow of natural causes will his death be less meaningful than Lennon's, even though they both played a role in making the Beatles what they were? (As well as Harrison and Starr, by the way.)
What do you want to hear? It is what it is....Why do you want to debate this?

Yes way less meaningful, because Paul McCartney wasnt and isnt the song writer/singer/musician that John Lennon was...lol
but thats just my opinion, no offense to anyone...

I didn't think anything bad, Ram- I don't get 'idolizing' these types. Cobain had his issues and the money/fame helped speed up his joining of the "27 Club."

Another "Seattle Story"- a very well known musician from here got contacted to meet Eddie Van Halen (this was back in about '94-'95) when he would be in town. He was all excited because that was one of his biggest influences. Sadly, from the first moment the limo pulled up and he saw Eddie, it was a plane crash. Drunk & coked out, with two biotches (that weren't his wife) and a sh@tload of attitude. The guy went on to tell us (it was at lunch time) how disappointed he was and wished it would have never happened.

Eddie has always been an asswipe, he and his bro are why van halen got crummy...he even tossed out the bassist so his son could be in it...garbage.

The fake bands were the ones that copied each other just for the sake of video just to look like everyone else to make some of that money (kinda like chevy:not an innovator but a imitator).Nirvana like them or not were unique at the time to some degree,they looked the way they did on or off the stage.Much like Bob Segar and Brian Adams it was more about the music than the looks.

Van is literally, figuratively, and numerically parked at $99,999.99- reserve not met. Wanna bet it's a phantom bidder who stopped just before hitting the reserve? Get a frenzy going, then stop at the cusp-and with just under 5 days to go, this may help get some crazy last minute sniping going down (or it will rot on the vine).

I can't beieve I wasted the time it took to read this entire thread!

I too am a Nirvana fan but regardless of that, I can't wrap my head around how some people on here keep disregarding Kurt's talent strictly on his drug use. To those who are I challenge you to take a look through your record collection and try to find one musician in there that hasn't had a drug or alcohol problem... you won't find one. He did heroine so what, so did Ray Charles who is regarded as one of the best...I don't condone it but you can't write off a musician's or band's talent and contribution to music on their drug use.

-
Back