The Old Fish that Just wants to retire

-

grumpy old fish

Reaction score
This is the restoration of what I call, Grumpy old Fish. This started as a resto project to build a non electronic ( except elect ign. & radio ) dependable car. I Looked for about 8 months before i found this Barracuda on craigslist, clean body. good interior, never been hit. and very minimal rust. and all ready had a 8 3/4 rear. Running gear was wore out and dead. It was Perfect. and he only wanted 4k I didn't even bicker. I bought it a little less than 3 years ago, and its just about road worthy. Though out this post i will explain what i took me to make this combo work - Gerst front end, 408 stroker, TTI headers, Edelbrock heads and 727 torque flight. I lost the first couple photos but this is one with removing all the old running gear.
cuda 1.jpg

Very nice car. Great price too. Are you gonna keep it appearing stock. Kinda a sleeper look with dog dishes etc

That first gen fish is the nicest one and color I've ever seen..more pics please..

Looks like an easy one to clean up and paint good score.

I like the hood never seen one like that.
Well Craig gonna put my engine in today one of my boys said he will be here soon so will have some help.

Now it was time to do a trial fit. I found out that the 727 auto does not fit without folding over the body seam flush in the tunnel. and the truck oil pan that was needed for this frontend hit the rack & pinion steering. So off came the pan. I had to radius it around the R&P, but i had to use caution as to not get in the way of the rod caps. (because of the stroker motor) By the way you have to notch the oil dip stick sleeve in the pan to clear the rods also. View attachment 1715434617
Wow I guess I lucked out on my car but can appreciate all the work you did.

Hey Craig just watched a Charger like yours go on Mecum action go for 250,000
Hope you don't mind me posting the pictures but you got a sweet ride.
-6108662287846556537.jpg
-2645363284500876524.jpg
-2059024738836447763.jpg

Pretty tight I think. Now I know why you were pulling hair out.

Oh by the way Fred I smoothed the inner fenders like you did but the headers are so close it blistered filler and all, and I had to repaint with high heat paint.
I figured that so stayed away with bondo around the exhaust area.

Now that I am winding down on this project, and getting ready to place it on the road. I am looking for a security system. I plan on this Barracuda being something I am driving every day that weather permits here in a rain forest. I want something to Protect it while at work, at a movie, out to dinner, and drive to eastern Washington to visit friends, Any suggestion's?
I'm needing the same so will wait for some answers.:popcorn:

-
Back