The old rust bucket.

-

Peter Bates

1973 Cuda owner for 36yrs
Reaction score
A real story to tell. Back in 1994 I was driving my "winter beater" Cuda (it's an Ohio thing) home from college. It was an all origanal 340 four speed '74 Cuda. Well rusted in the rear as us Ohio cars were. Well on I75 I was putting along at 70mph and holding a silver cab listening to some tunes when a little black Porsche 944 turbo got on my rear and then rode next to me. He looked at me with that shotty smirk so being 24yrs old I flipped him off, dropped it into 3rd and hammered it. This was an original motor no work at all. At 100mph he got next to me again then I shifted into 4th and off o went. He could not keep nor catch up. 20miles later I stoped in Bowling Green to fill up (yup sucked down the fuel). He pulled over and walked up to me and said wtf is that and told me that pos shouldn't be on the road. Being the smart *** I was and am I said well sir your little wanna be fast car is probably as impressive as your sick size but I'm sure you've already known that. He did not like that (he probably was 40ish) and got burnt red and started to get closer to me. I said I wouldn't do that if I were you cause I work for fun times like this. He walked away.

A real story to tell. Back in 1994 I was driving my "winter beater" Cuda (it's an Ohio thing) home from college. It was an all origanal 340 four speed '74 Cuda. Well rusted in the rear as us Ohio cars were. Well on I75 I was putting along at 70mph and holding a silver cab listening to some tunes when a little black Porsche 944 turbo got on my rear and then rode next to me. He looked at me with that shotty smirk so being 24yrs old I flipped him off, dropped it into 3rd and hammered it. This was an original motor no work at all. At 100mph he got next to me again then I shifted into 4th and off o went. He could not keep nor catch up. 20miles later I stoped in Bowling Green to fill up (yup sucked down the fuel). He pulled over and walked up to me and said wtf is that and told me that pos shouldn't be on the road. Being the smart *** I was and am I said well sir your little wanna be fast car is probably as impressive as your sick size but I'm sure you've already known that. He did not like that (he probably was 40ish) and got burnt red and started to get closer to me. I said I wouldn't do that if I were you cause I work for fun times like this. He walked away.

I wasted a turbo porcshe on the 4 lane a few yrs ago, w/ my 406 vega. He was pretty embarrassed, since he was driving like he had the hottest thing on the hi way .

I was stationed on the USS Sylvania AFS2 from 1966 to 1968. It was named after your town

Many years ago my friend had a 1975 Pontiac Firenza 2 Dr Coupe. (Originally a Vauxhall Firenza) He did the motor over and had some serious horsepower under the hood from the 4 cylinder. It was lowered a bit with some beefy tires on it. A guy with a 455 Trans-am laughed at him until he total smoked him. This Firenza was clocked going through the speed traps at Watkins-Glenn at 133 mph.

-
Back