The PO should never touch a drill again!

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I took the seats and carpet out of the Dart for a couple reasons. One, I had to run power, ground, speaker and amp turn on wires to the rear and I wanted to hide everything so it couldn't be seen. Also, we are almost ready to install the floor shifter and I need to cut a hole. Once everything was out, I could see that the floor pans were perfect or replaced professionally. It was beautiful. I also saw that it was likely originally a bench seat car and they put in these buckets themselves. What a hack job. The holes were drilled with no thought to what was underneath, and they used small lock washers, but no big fender washers to distribute weight. He also drilled so many holes, I want to track him down and shove a drill up his ***! You would think that if you drilled a hole in your floor pan and didn't use it, you would at least seal it up, right? Not this guy. I am going to weld them all shut and install the seats properly. Under the passenger side of the rear seat, they left out the very large body plug. It is the size of a silver dollar. I can look down through it and see another matching hole that is open, and the ground underneath. This explains some of the mouse evidence I saw, thankfully very little.

Five holes, and for one corner of the seat frame. Really? Was that necessary?
View attachment Holes drilled for seats.jpg

He must have improved. Only three on the other front corner.
View attachment Holes drilled for seats 1.jpg

Hole under rear seat the size of a silver dollar. Two huge holes straight through to open air.
View attachment Hole below rear seat.jpg

I believe the inboard holes on bucket seat cars had a reinforcement plate to prevent the holes from ripping out, you may want to consider doing that while you are in there welding. Also it depends on what seats they put in but I think the floors that were for a bench seat still had dimples in the floor pan where the holes should go anyway lol

Haha this is the 1st time u have seen this ..? This is the norm here f'ing hacks .. i think ive seen a few that was not hacked on in some way .. but agin there old cars no telling whos had them lol

I believe the inboard holes on bucket seat cars had a reinforcement plate to prevent the holes from ripping out, you may want to consider doing that while you are in there welding. Also it depends on what seats they put in but I think the floors that were for a bench seat still had dimples in the floor pan where the holes should go anyway lol

Good idea. I have some extra steel plating I can weld up. It is very thin metal right now.

Not to mention how the floor got weaker from the holes. Just tear on the perforated line.... Wow!

-
Back