"The Right Stuff" sealer on intake manifold?

-

stroker402

1968 dart GTS convertible
Reaction score
switching intake manifold SB .. would the sealer called the "The Right Stuff" Be a good choice , if so........ in color black or Grey ? what is the difference in the two.
I do have a gasket set also . Heard that sealer is really good .
Thanks for any info !

Use your gaskets obviously on the heads, I usually put a tad of sealant around the water ports on the gaskets both sides. A nice thick bead of sealant on the ends is OK, but as Steve said let it set up a little before install so it doesn't squish out.

One thing to think about when installing your intake is the locator pins, sometimes they can actually hold the intake up and not allow a good seal.

Can't really say about the right stuff, never used it. I just use black Permatex.

I used the print-a-seal gaskets from Felpro so the only places I needed a little RTV was water ports at 4 corners, across the ends ( instead of those cork seals ) and on the bolt threads.
I used a red high temp RTV I found priced less than Permatex brand at Oreillys.
No complaints.

Use your gaskets obviously on the heads, I usually put a tad of sealant around the water ports on the gaskets both sides. A nice thick bead of sealant on the ends is OK, but as Steve said let it set up a little before install so it doesn't squish out.

One thing to think about when installing your intake is the locator pins, sometimes they can actually hold the intake up and not allow a good seal.

Can't really say about the right stuff, never used it. I just use black Permatex.

Redfish mentioned the locator pins, but never thought about them holding up the intake from sealing properly..Good point Bruce!

OK . My locating pins are missing on each end.. kind of tells me it's been opened up already and someone took them out . right ?

I used the print-a-seal gaskets from Felpro so the only places I needed a little RTV was water ports at 4 corners, across the ends ( instead of those cork seals ) and on the bolt threads.
I used a red high temp RTV I found priced less than Permatex brand at Oreillys.
No complaints.

Yes......... the orange high temp permatex is what I have used many many times... everyone talks about that "right stuff" just wondering if it works that good.
I do have new permatex blue printed gaskets for the sides and the cork for the ends which I will not use the corks.

-
Back