The rusty ram

-
Forgot to update this i got the drivers side primered

20211031_171348.jpg

20211031_171400.jpg

20211031_171350.jpg

I've been doing alot of thinking and considering about the future plans for this truck. I haven't finished the body work or the bed yet. I still need to replace the rear leaf springs. And find out why I keep blowing reverse fuses. But I know I have to replace the clutch in the near future especially if I plan to daily it and use it to tow the dart. Considering I don't have a garage or a concrete driveway to drop the trans from the bottom and roll it around do you guys think it would be easier to just pull the engine and replace the clutch out of the truck? And while it out I could freshen the engine or even replace it with a 5.9 mag I have. I've had alot of different thought about it. If I did the 5.9 the ecu/pcm would have to be tuned or flashed which i don't have a tuner to do that with. So that's more expense. Idk what im gonna do yet.

Pull the engine to put the clutch in, way easier on the back.
You only have to slid it forward enough to get to the pressure plate bolts.

Looks better than all them doodoo colors you're lovin on. ewwww.

You've done a great job on this. Much better than I ever could.
As much I like them colors I have a gallon of single stage black that I completely forgot about. I'll probably use it on this truck to save money. Lol

As much I like them colors I have a gallon of single stage black that I completely forgot about. I'll probably use it on this truck to save money. Lol
Black is beautiful....as they say. lol

Pull the engine to put the clutch in, way easier on the back.
You only have to slid it forward enough to get to the pressure plate bolts.
So I could just remove the radiator and exhaust and slide the engine forward? I would like to go ahead and replace the plenum gasket while I'm at it I know it needs replaced. I would love to go thru the engine at 260k miles I know it needs it but at the same time I don't want to get in too deep.

Yes just slide it forward, easier than lifting a trans and transfer case in.

Yes just slide it forward, easier than lifting a trans and transfer case in.
The way the engine mounts an the frame mounts are designed you cannot just slide that motor straightforward you have to raise it up about 4 in the front maybe even 6 inches.

The way the engine mounts an the frame mounts are designed you cannot just slide that motor straightforward you have to raise it up about 4 in the front maybe even 6 inches.
Yea its gotta be high enough for the oil pan to clear the cross member too.

I started working on the rusty ram yesterday, put in alot of work today. Two summers ago I bought a another ram for parts so im pulling it apart and putting them on the rusty one. I got the 2 fenders and the hood switched over even got the passenger side painted. There is a little rust in the "new" fenders but its fixable im gonna patch them. They are alot better than the ones that was on it. Im making a video I will probably post it tomorrow night. Its gonna be a long one lol so far I have an hour and a half of video to edit. Next is the doors and bed. Im just gonna cut the rusty portion of the rockers off and call it good I ain't about to replace those. For the doors im just cut out the rust and patch the holes with whatever I can find, road signs, license plates, scrap sheet metal etc. I may try cut the bottom of the white doors off and salvage what I can they are pretty rusty too so im not sure. Here is where I am at tonight tho.

View attachment 1715793051

View attachment 1715793052

View attachment 1715793053

View attachment 1715793054

View attachment 1715793055

View attachment 1715793056
Man you should see my 98 ooff

-
Back