The Scamp goes to the track this Sunday!!!

-

Guitar Jones

aka Angry Johnny
Reaction score
It will be it's first shakedown passes at Orlando Speedworld this Sunday. Gates open at 10 or 10:30 AM so if anyone in the area wants to come out I'll be there.

What combo are you running??...what do you expect to run??..

Good luck with the your runs down the strip. Taking my Scamp down the track again on the Oct. 17 to Pittsburgh raceway.

It's a W5 headed 360. The Scamp is now a chassis car, 2x3 strut front end and 4 link rear. I expect to get mid 9's at the least but maybe not Sunday. It depends on how it works and how many passes I'll get.

369387029.jpg

368272108.jpg

It's a W5 headed 360.

Did you happen to buy the one that was for sale on RJ/Moparts about 2-3 months back? Guy was moving somewhere, liquidated a whole bunch of stuff? If so, I had my eye on that. Was a good deal. Just curious...

:toothy10::toothy10:Whats going on, it's time for 360 revenge!! I don't have the Dart ready to run yet Iv'e been changing a few things, ,but if I finish I'll come up on sunday, I was planning on going to lakeland next sat. Night . let me know how you do if I don't make it. The scamp sure looks good! Gary.:toothy10:

Did you happen to buy the one that was for sale on RJ/Moparts about 2-3 months back? Guy was moving somewhere, liquidated a whole bunch of stuff? If so, I had my eye on that. Was a good deal. Just curious...

No, I built this engine about 6 years ago.

Well, it launches straight, goes down the track straight and stops fine. I have a bad tire vibration though and it lacks the low end torque I had before. I'm not sure if I killed it with the big tube and short length headers or the 3" taller rear tires. It's probably a combination of both. Either way even with just an easy 330 ft. pass it went 11.67.

Car weighs 2430 lbs and an even 2600 with me in it. Not bad considering it still has all the factory glass and the stock doors on it.

So I have a few issues to work out but the car drives fine.

-
Back