The search has begun !!!

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I looked at a car last week and today i traded for it. I can't believe it was headed for the crusher till the guy i got it from saved it. I traded a project Dodge Dart Sprt, under dash harness and some 4 speed parts for a one owner with title almost no rust 1962 plymouth belvedere 2 dr post, 318 push button auto. Can you say " Super Stock". I'll be searching for different parts to bring it to where i want to go with it. If any of you know of any parts for it or know of a web site for these model of cars please let me know. I won't need many parts just a bunch of advice. Maybe do a clone of some drag machine of days gone by. There is one that runs at Monster Mopar Weekend named "FUGLY". Pretty tough car and some of you may have seen the car before. Did i say i was excited? I'll have Vic Storm post a pic or two when i bring it home tomorrow.

nice man :). Looking forward to seeing some pics. My dad loves earlier belvederes, but his faves are from 63-65. My dad actually has a s/s 65 hemi belvedere factory car, and just bought a 64 4dr to put around in. Post car is the best, good luck with it!

I talked to Vic Storm an he said he'd post some pics this evening. He was out and took some today so keep watching. You won't belive the grill on this car. Awesome.

That's cool. I have an old 413 in my garage that was going to go in my 74 Duster. Now the 440 is going to go in the Duster, and I'm going to look for something more appropriate for the 413. Sounds like you found the car that my 413 needs!
Any pics yet?

Here we go, it is a very cool body style, very unigue. Here is one pic, I will work on reducing a couple more.

new 62 Belvedere 2 dr post.jpg

What was someone thinking.....crushing that would be a hate crime against Mopars. I think the best way to describe Chryslers styling back then was ruggedly handsome. Thats one cool looking car. Good luck with it, post pics if you get down to work on it (even though its not an A body its still good car ****!) Hell show us more pics before you start work, looks like other than the brown tan on her its pretty solid.

My neighbor had one of those wagons that year. I need to see if he still has it but it may have gotten crushed.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

Congrads Small Block. she looks real good :thumbrig:
You said you was looking for something like that when I seen you here in Jonesboro.:blob:
Don't you have a 440 ready for the 1962 plymouth belvedere?
Glad to here the great news sir.
I may have to stop by and check it out and have a cold one with you.

Hay Vic Storm.:hello2:

I do have a dual quad roller motor in the shop Mike BUT i also have found a 413 that i'm trying to deal on. Maybe a cross ram. I would like to stay as corrct as one could. It will need trunk pans but the body is very solid. Surface rust. Thanks Vic for the pics. The wife even likes it. Should i drop the chrome and do a plain jane car? What color? If i get the motor running before our show may 10th at the civic center i'll take it up there along with my other junk. Stop by anytime Mike. The toolbo.......I mean frig is always full.

definitely a candidate for a 413 max wedge clone! especially being a post car! looks like a good starting point.

If the 413 you are checkin out falls through, I may have one for sale soon. I'm almost positive its a 62, but cant see numbers very well till I pull it. I plan on pullin it in a few weeks as time allows. If you are interested send me a pm.

-
Back