The sky is always blue in my Smurfette

-
Hi all! I'm Kat from Wisconsin. I always dreamed of owning a muscle car my whole life. I finally decided YOLO, I'm not getting any younger and neither are muscle cars. I saw an ad for this super clean 72 dart swinger from Cali for sale, an hour from my house. I couldn't pass it up! So far no buyers remorse only miles and miles of smiles! She only has a 318 rebuilt small block but sounds mopar, does burnouts and runs great, everything works, except the wipers and horn. Surprisingly the factory AC still works! Front interior needs some love.
Having fun and living the dream in my little Smurfette.

Thanks for the welcome!

View attachment 1716116189

View attachment 1716116190

View attachment 1716116191

View attachment 1716116192
I believe it is B5 Blue and think it might be the original paint job, amazingly. It's not me, I'm a fun short brunette also a Kathleen though.
It's B3. Plymouth called it Basin Street Blue. This chart calls it Super Blue. The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1972 Paint Chip Charts Slideshow

...and T B3, because it's earlier than when colors started using the alpha character for paint...but IIRC would be earlier than A which is 1964 (even though paint didn't get the letter designation like engines did until 1969[E]).

I see the tag in the OP, but of course, can't read it.

Be super cool if it was a factory TB3 car.

...and T B3, because it's earlier than when colors started using the alpha character for paint...but IIRC would be earlier than A which is 1964 (even though paint didn't get the letter designation like engines did until 1969[E]).

I see the tag in the OP, but of course, can't read it.

Be super cool if it was a factory TB3 car.
Just looked up the fender tag on it and what I could find was the color was Bright Blue Metalic

Just looked up the fender tag on it and this is what I found. Guessing it was GB5 Bright Blue Metallic. Also it says the windows were factory tinted and I swear it's the original tint too, peeling pretty badly. It came from California so it makes sense its the original paint and tint.

Screenshot_20230724_124908_Chrome~2.jpg

I bet that "TD3" is actually "TB3".

Somewhat interesting that it does have a B5 interior.

It would have had to be repainted by now right? Factory paint back then was bad by what 7 years old?

I have a '67 Belvedere wagon still in original paint.

...but OP's car looks very shiny, maybe even base/clear.

I bet that "TD3" is actually "TB3".

Somewhat interesting that it does have a B5 interior.
You're totally right!! I rechecked it and what I thought was a D was actually a B on closer inspection!

A 318 was alot of fun back in the day because they were dime a dozen, drop one in try and break it and if it does break get another...alot of fun. They weren't something you would dump money into trying to prove they are just as good as a 340....but you could play around most I ever did was a cam headers and 600 Holley 4160 model. Not a ton of money invested stock heads etc.
Everyone says the 318s are super reliable, probably will last longer than me.

For the little story, Peyo (Pierre Culliford 1928-1992), the artist, was a french-speaking belgian citizen.
And in french, the original name of the Smurfette is the Schtroumpfette.
The Schtroumpfs are contemporary to our Mopars, they were created in 1967.

For the little story, Peyo (Pierre Culliford 1928-1992), the artist, was a french-speaking belgian citizen.
And in french, the original name of the Smurfette is the Schtroumpfette.
The Schtroumpfs are contemporary to our Mopars, they were created in 1967.
Wow thanks for the share, I didn't know that. Seems like I appropriately named my Dart!

1692451608012.png

Thanks! She's definitely a survivor!

-
Back