The Stanley Cup.....

-

HemiMark

Reaction score
..... maybe next year... Only if the city of Vancouver doesn't burn to the ground..... dummy's

Attachments

• luongo.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 79
I grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver, spent a lot of time in the city, of course. It's a beautiful city with a lot to see and do.

Regardless, I moved away because of the urban sprawl.

I've been a Bruins fan for many a decade, since Gerry Cheevers tended the twine. But I grew up with the fledgling Canucks. Still wanted Boston to win, tho.

I was happy after the game, the downtown core was not. Several individuals bent on destruction, probably the same hooligans involved in some of the Olympic unrest, saw to it that once again Vancouver was seen a bad light. These were not hockey fans, but $hit disturbers. Many people whom attended all the outdoor viewings noted a difference in the crowd vibe during the seventh game.

If you follow up on the outcome of this unfortunate situation you will see an outpouring of true spirit from Vancouverites. Regular citizens helping out with the clean-up of the streets. Laudatory messages written on the plywood that is replacing the broken glass on businesses, praising the police actions and general displeasure at the acts of a minority.

There was a police vehicle parked near a damaged business that was plastered with Post-It notes commending the response/action/awareness of the local police department.

Despite the actions of a radical few. And those affected by alcohol, who may have perpetuated those actions. I think we came out of it not too bad.

Thankfully, with all the video and social media, there are already charges pending and there will be people held responsible.

And here I thought Facebook was just a bunch of crap.

I grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver, spent a lot of time in the city, of course. It's a beautiful city with a lot to see and do.

Regardless, I moved away because of the urban sprawl.

I've been a Bruins fan for many a decade, since Gerry Cheevers tended the twine. But I grew up with the fledgling Canucks. Still wanted Boston to win, tho.

I was happy after the game, the downtown core was not. Several individuals bent on destruction, probably the same hooligans involved in some of the Olympic unrest, saw to it that once again Vancouver was seen a bad light. These were not hockey fans, but $hit disturbers. Many people whom attended all the outdoor viewings noted a difference in the crowd vibe during the seventh game.

If you follow up on the outcome of this unfortunate situation you will see an outpouring of true spirit from Vancouverites. Regular citizens helping out with the clean-up of the streets. Laudatory messages written on the plywood that is replacing the broken glass on businesses, praising the police actions and general displeasure at the acts of a minority.

There was a police vehicle parked near a damaged business that was plastered with Post-It notes commending the response/action/awareness of the local police department.

Despite the actions of a radical few. And those affected by alcohol, who may have perpetuated those actions. I think we came out of it not too bad.

Thankfully, with all the video and social media, there are already charges pending and there will be people held responsible.

And here I thought Facebook was just a bunch of crap.

It's funny how a handful of dirt bags can make an awful event worse. I think it would have happened if the Canucks won. My post was just poking fun at Roburto........ not really at Vancouver, BC

I to wanted Boston to win but only because of a family friend plays for them.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 56
dontpush.gif

-
Back