The Start of my questions, Inner fender repair

-

Black Cuda

Reaction score
Hey I am start my 65 Barracuda and the inner fenders were cut out at some point for headers and I cannot find replacements, Mine have holes from just behind the top shock mount to about an inch front the fire wall and down to the top of frame, Do you guys know if the inner fenders they sell for 67- 74, Could I get the pieces I need out of those with the right bends? Or do I just have to build from scratch.

Hey I am start my 65 Barracuda and the inner fenders were cut out at some point for headers and I cannot find replacements, Mine have holes from just behind the top shock mount to about an inch front the fire wall and down to the top of frame, Do you guys know if the inner fenders they sell for 67- 74, Could I get the pieces I need out of those with the right bends? Or do I just have to build from scratch.
A picture would be nice..

They’re mostly flat, get some 18 ga sheet and patch it up!
Flat flat flat!!!

3.jpg

Ok, I was just thinking with the angles behind the shock to the frame at the bottom it would be easier with a pre bent piece but maybe it is just as easy to make the whole patch from scratch. I will try to get some pics tomorrow

Ok, I was just thinking with the angles behind the shock to the frame at the bottom it would be easier with a pre bent piece but maybe it is just as easy to make the whole patch from scratch. I will try to get some pics tomorrow
I would think getting the undercoating cleaned up on the back side would be something you would want to do because when you start welding that stuff starts bubbling and melting and catching on fire...

Since they left you an inch from the firewall you could make a patch out if thinner metal 1 inch bigger than the hole all the way around and put some RTV sealant around it and drill holes and put rivets... Could have preserving the cars race heritage... And hey if you ever wanted to put fenderwell headers back in you're golden...

-
Back