the start of the Dart clean up

-
thank you for the advice, Is Brown tool an online store? I have never heard of them but would like to by a few things to get started.

thank you for the advice, Is Brown tool an online store? I have never heard of them but would like to by a few things to get started.

Yessir www.browntool.com

I just checked. Prices went up a bit. 0 to 1/2" draw clecos for 1/8" drill holes are $2.59 each, spring clecos are .44 cents each or $5.28 a dozen. For doing floor pans and large metal work i'd recommend 2 to 3 dozen of the spring clecos, maybe 12 of the draw type. You can use the spring clecos to keep it pinned, and move the draw clecos into place to pull the sheetmetal tight where your welding, then reposition where needed.

Last edited:
It will be a nice car. You don't see many Dart convertibles. The rust doesn't scare me, but my question to you is, "Can you do all your own work?". If you have to farm out any of the rust repair, body work or paint, it can get REAL expensive REAL fast. If you can do all or at least most of the work yourself, GO FOR IT. The car will be beautiful.

I commend you on saving it, but if you have a parts budget of $4500...yer gonna be tight.
Good luck! Would love to see pics of the Ranchero too!

yes it has a slant 6 that runs great for not having been run for all that time. I was told later by a friend that I was a fool to start it without a tear down because I could have really messed up the motor.I did dump the sae 30 oil and put in 10w 30 instead.
nah those engines are pretty tough. Very hard to hurt.

-
Back