the things we do for love

-
here is this mornings batch.

pokes dart sport 102.jpg

pokes dart sport 103.jpg

pokes dart sport 106.jpg

pokes dart sport 112.jpg

Nice work on those patches. Good to get all that rust out of there and get 'er solid again. That engine looks a little more stout than stock too!! That will be a cool car when it's done. You are a good brother!!8)

i'm kinda trying to let the pics speak for themselves. but i had to acknowledge the "dog house paint". i've gotta give props to my other brothers shop in Texas. this car was originally b5 and he was responsible for the color change several years ago.

i guess i'm just going to have to chase the rust out of the ends if i ever want to get done. but i feel like i'm getting there.

Hey, you are doing some terrific work! I have MANY problems on my 68 cuda like that. Now I know they are fixable, but I will never have the skill to fix them myself... :(

todays batch. i guess the P/S is about done in the wheel opening. i got kind of a start on the D/S trunk floor extension today. i'll get the D/S done, then get the rear end going. that ought to wrap up 95% of the sheet metal work.

pokes dart sport 132.jpg

pokes dart sport 135.jpg

pokes dart sport 136.jpg

pokes dart sport 138.jpg

pokes dart sport 139.jpg

pokes dart sport 141.jpg

it snowed for a few minutes today. so i got a shot out the window. got a late start today. so here is the update for today.

pokes dart sport 160.jpg

pokes dart sport 163.jpg

pokes dart sport 164.jpg

pokes dart sport 168.jpg

pokes dart sport 171.jpg

I have a question. How do you know what the correct curve in the wheel opening is? Are you using a wheel well moulding or something? It looks great I need to get a few little pieces that are rust free so I can finish/make my patches. I will be refering to your build when I make my finished patches. Also the curve of the entire patch how did you get it to look right? Did you bend the piece or did it just curve right when you rolled the curve in the wheel well? Sorry for all the questions.

i will show you how i did it tomorrow. it aint hard and you will laugh when i show you. it is a trick i learned 30 years ago. you are gonna love it, i promise.

Sweet thanks maybe one day I will get a chance to see it in person. I noticed this thread attracted alot of NC fella's.

yeah, they probably will be mad when they find out i'm a transplanted yankee!!!!

-
Back