The Things you see at the track!

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
Had an old racer come to see me at the track today. He texted me that he had sausages on the manifold, should be cooked by the time he gets there. Sure enough, he opened his hood and he had sausages wrapped in tin foil cooking on his intake manifold! They weren't done yet though, so he pulled out an old red metal toolbox. Opened it up, and he had converted it into a charcoal grille!

Lol!!! Probably better than microwaving...assuming no fuel leaks.

How did the Aluminum (and pork) heat sinks affect his E.T.?

I love the smell of race gas, burnt rubber...and sausage!

Back in the 60's while doing a lot of camping with my parents, they found recipes for cooking on the engine. If I remember right it told you what kind of food to place where on the motor and about how long it would take to cook. We were on a 3 week camping trip from Miami to California. Everyday a new destination.

I remember in the 70's, on the news, a guy connected a oven to the tailpipe of his Volkswagen Beetle and was cooking with that. I also remember that there was a book written years ago about how to cook on your exhaust manifolds. I think the cook time depended on speed of the vehicle LOL.

we'd use the engines to cook while 4 wheeling, so when you stopped for lunch or dinner, there is was, ready to go.

SOmega truckers heat there food this way still today..

-
Back