The Ultimate Thrill!!

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
What gives you the ultimate thrill? I mean that feeling that hits your core, hits you with every part of your being. What gets you all riled up? I got to experience that feeling today, only for a short time but it will get me through till the next one. For me it is standing in the middle of Baghdad in the exact spot where an IED had detonated just a few minutes before. Not knowing if there is a secondary IED waiting for me to get out of the truck to take me out. Not knowing if there is a sniper in the distance with his rifle trained in on that very spot, watching my every move. To me that is the greatst feling ever. The feeling that my life is no longer in my hands but the hands of the person or device I cannot see, the unknown. That truely gets me going and is what I live for. I kinda wish there was more work for me to do, this feeling is few and far between but work is picking up. In the past 24hr we have had 2 VBIED (vehicle borne improvised explosive device) that detonated and 2 that were found before they detonated. All of our teams have ran incidents in the past 24 also. Here are a few pics from today while on scene. The truck is mine and it wasn't hit but you can see in the pic of me the dirt that was kicked up on the road by the blast. I am standing about 5 foot from the blast seat. THIS IS MY DRUG!!!

Attachments

• PA140343.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 197
  • PA140327.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 189
Y'all are gonna laugh but my job waiting on tables gives me a similar rush. When it's really busy and I have to remember so many things and do everything really fast with no mistakes...because with each second that passes, customers are itching to complain and if they do I will be in big trouble.

Also in my younger days skydiving was like a drug.

Please just be really careful, drugs can lie to you.

I say Thank You and Salute you brother :salute: for what you are doing for your country.........may God bless you and keep you and family, friends safe.........take care of yourself.........I might be asking for too much but my ultimate thrill would be for world peace.

I say Thank You and Salute you brother :salute: for what you are doing for your country.........may God bless you and keep you and family, friends safe.........take care of yourself.........I might be asking for too much but my ultimate thrill would be for world peace.

Amen to that!!

What gives you the ultimate thrill? I mean that feeling that hits your core, hits you with every part of your being. What gets you all riled up? I got to experience that feeling today, only for a short time but it will get me through till the next one. For me it is standing in the middle of Baghdad in the exact spot where an IED had detonated just a few minutes before. Not knowing if there is a secondary IED waiting for me to get out of the truck to take me out. Not knowing if there is a sniper in the distance with his rifle trained in on that very spot, watching my every move. To me that is the greatst feling ever. The feeling that my life is no longer in my hands but the hands of the person or device I cannot see, the unknown. That truely gets me going and is what I live for. I kinda wish there was more work for me to do, this feeling is few and far between but work is picking up. In the past 24hr we have had 2 VBIED (vehicle borne improvised explosive device) that detonated and 2 that were found before they detonated. All of our teams have ran incidents in the past 24 also. Here are a few pics from today while on scene. The truck is mine and it wasn't hit but you can see in the pic of me the dirt that was kicked up on the road by the blast. I am standing about 5 foot from the blast seat. THIS IS MY DRUG!!!

Sounds like you will have quite an adrenilan withdrawl when you get back. Must not have been a very big one unless it was an EFP. Glad you guys didn't get hurt. Stay safe and strong!

Sounds like you will have quite an adrenilan withdrawl when you get back. Must not have been a very big one unless it was an EFP. Glad you guys didn't get hurt. Stay safe and strong!

No EFP thank God. Yeah being in the states is kind of a let down as far as my job goes. But we have emergancy response and we control NC, SC VA, WV, and parts of a few other states, when they find military ordnance they have to call us and we respond to it. In the states I am actually busier then I am here.

i was right in your shoes back in 2005-2009....was over there twice, with our M1A2 Abrams Tank...Hearing the sound and feeling the blast of our 120MM main gun was quite a thrill! Returning fire at enemies with the 240B machine gun was also pretty rad. That will definitely get your adrenalin running!!! But I'm glad to be out now....

Stay safe and thank you for your service to this country...

Ah I remember that truck all to well. I drove a beast like that for 7 months. Good times

Are you frigging crazy Corey! your going to get your self killed.

Kenny

Are you frigging crazy Corey! your going to get your self killed.

Kenny

But that's my job. That's what I am here to do. My job has a certain amount of danger and a lot of risk associated with it. The unknown is what gives me the thrill. Kinda why I chose it.

5and20's lol

Once you deploy once or a couple or in my case 4, everything else just kinda pales in comparison. Used to be an adrenaline junky but you pretty much can't top firefights and never knowing if one of those incoming 7.62x39 rounds that are coming twords you are going to go through the crappy *** wall your taking cover behind. Or clearing a room and wondering if one of those barrels you walk in front of is going to end up being the last. Quite content after getting out after 8yrs to stay in the slow lane, relax and enjoy life.

the ultimate thrill is something like riding in Madarts' TT 360 1967 Dart.
Which in all reality is gonna be like this:
[ame="http://youtu.be/KB1Wrv0SiyQ"]302 Found[/ame]

sex is a close #2 for sure though!

-
Back