The USPS mail is crazy

-

340six

Reaction score
We get mail from 1-3 miles,away in 2-3 weeks some times. But Canada to South Louisiana in 3 days, etc.

I got a Christmas card fe my brother who is three hours away in March. It was stamped with a Dec 15th date. Somehow they can’t figure out how to get Christmas cards delivered but millions of mail in ballots were handled flawlessly lol!

We live in Topeka, Kansas; the state's capital. In the Post Office's infinite wisdom they closed down the big, main post office in Topeka and several more in NE Kansas. Now, all local mail goes through Kansas City. So if I mail a birthday card to the person down the block, It has to go to Kansas City first. It takes about a week - 10 days. A letter mailed from California gets here faster. WTH?
Add to that the fact that letter carriers are not what they used to be! the pay, benefits and retirement are nowhere near what they used to be. There isn't a week goes by that I don't get someone else's mail, or someone else gets mine.
@Moparone's comment about the mail in ballots is spot on. That is why you are seeing all the stories in the media about the COVID rise. They want to re-introduce/increase mail in Ballots.

Takes 10 days to get a letter from Florida to Minnesota.

USPS

☆☆☆☆☆

Post office is delaying mail to control amount of mail the carriers deliver.
This is how they cut pay and force good carriers out.

@Hyper_pak, I tried to quote your comment, but I could not. Anyway, that makes so much sense, and it would totally explain what's going on. I just wonder if you can divulge your source.

Is this n&p... :rolleyes: ...
Had a usps package with a bearing the size of a nickle take 5 days to get here in Portland from the east coast and after it shuffled around a few post offices here it took off to Florida for a couple days then came back here and two days after that I got it...

20230821_165655.jpg

@Hyper_pak, I tried to quote your comment, but I could not. Anyway, that makes so much sense, and it would totally explain what's going on. I just wonder if you can divulge your source.
My son is a rural carrier.
He used to be a Union Rep, but gave that up.
He is looking for a way out now.
They, like a lot of bad companies, promote the inept and drive the competent folks out.

Our fat lazy mail carrier, is borderline incompetent or just plain lazy.
One time last winter, when it was really cold, she stuck all the mail for the entire block in one mail box, because she was too lazy to deliver it.
My 60 year old neighbor delivered all the mail that was left in her mail box.
I complained about her to the local post master, which just replied, yeah we get alot of complaints about her....

-
Back