The waxing the Camaro/ Mustang ,STREET RACING thread.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
On the street.Simply share,you smoking brand C/F brand.Dragstrips, Don't count! This is in all ,in the past,of course....

back in 2003 i had my dart running with the 318/904 3500 stall with 3.55 gears and 26" tires. the car ran 13.60-13.70. i worked swing shift and got off at 11p.m. i drove the same route home for over a year. same road same time every day. well there was a guy that had a 63/64 nova that would be on that same road at the same time nearly every night. we would line em up and run em onto the freeway on ramp 2-3 nights a week for nearly a year. I won nearly every time by 2-3 lenghts. until one night he had what i think had to have been a nitrous kit. we were neck and neck all the way into drive when he instantly put 5 or so cars on me. never saw the guy again after that night. it was the funnest time of my life. my buddies would show up and wait for us to show up some nights.

ok it's 2000, i have a 70 satelitte.it has a 360 from a cordoba fresh stock rebuild,with weiand xccelerater 650 dp 4777 orange box,318 manifolds to 2 1/2 ex and 40s 2,76s in 8 1/4 going home from work ,ission blvd a 50 comes beside me we stop at the red when it goes green i hit it column shifter in low(904 tf 2 kit)when i push it into sec it chirps i look beside me and his front bumper is at my rear bumper and losing ground.next light his buddys asking what you running..lol

me versus my buddy's new coyote 5.0 mustang.

I pulled up beside a new 5.0 'vert- I'd seen the car a few times before, but I didn't realize that the owner was someone I know. We started chatting, I was checking the car out, and asked him if they are as fast as I'd heard. He says "let's find out- you go first." By now the light has changed and we're slow rolling.
I punch it, as does he. I pick up a bit on him, and hold it. When he shifts, I hear a loud "PSSSHHHH" from his blowoff valve.
"Uh-oh" I think to myself.
I keep in it, to the top of my second gear (about 75mph). I hear his BOV again in the meantime when he shifts to third, but he's still back there a bit. I let off, and let him get up beside me. That's when I see the 'supercharged' script above the 5.0 logo. Turns out he's putting out a little over 600hp with the kit he added to his car.
He says "that's a quick car you got there". He says he missed a shift (which I believe).
Oh yeah, this was in my Stealth- my Duster would have been destroyed with the 360 I've got in it now lol

edit- seeing the 'camaro' in the title reminded me of another one- I pulled up against a '68-ish Firebird (close enough) with a big block in it. The light changes and he stands on it- lighting the tires up like crazy. In the meantime I put about 15 lengths on him (AWD FTW). I coast for about 10 seconds and he finally passes me (what we commonly call a 'ricer flyby') as I look over L-ing My AO.

-
Back