The worst car you dealt with,in high school.....

-
My best friend in high school had a nice looking '66 Ford Thunderbird convertible with 390 cu. in. engine (I seem to recall). It was a NY car and turned out to have more plastic work than Nancy Pelosi's face. The biggest problem was the hydraulic convertible top, which didn't want to work when precipitation was close. Many times we had to pull over to the side of the road to manually tug and wiggle that top into place before the car filled with rain.

Other than that, the car was a pisser, especially with eight guys crammed into it (yup - front buckets).

Our family had several turds some i will never forget, i remember was a 1975 Torino that the brakes went out and had to use the emergency foot brakes directly to the pavement to stop.. Another was a early seventies VW bug the steering snapped making a right turn which ran into the lane divider but kept from hitting someone..a 1975 ford XLT ranger 4X4 the fuel pump bolts vibrated out left us stranded..a Chevy citation that just was a hideous yellow..1982 AMC hornet enough said with that car...1980 Honda civic wagon tutone rust and brown...but we had some nice ones too :)

-
Back