Thermo-Quad Pricing

-

DUSTERDOWNS

Reaction score
After moving 5 years ago I finally opened a box with my Thermo-Quad and jet kit in it. I don't have any use for these and figure someone building a correct Mopar could need them. I have no idea about pricing or how many different Thermo-Quads there were made. On the base plate there is 9014S with 268-3 below that on top there is 6-2148 and on the front butterfly there is 7-333. Any info I can get will be very helpful as I can't use it and feel sure some body can. Thanks for Ideas, Steve

Need pics. I would be interested, but if a mod sees your post without a price it will likely get pulled. Let's see the carb and give us a price.

9014s is a 74 400cid hp motor carb the 268-3 is the date built 268th day of 1973, maybe around $100 in good shape to someone restoring a 74 RR charger. do you know what the # is on the t-quad jet kit? The 71 t-quads are the ones that bring good money in the $250 to $300 range

Yup and yet the 71 year model are air metered and the least desirable and hardest to tune yet people think they are gold mines. In fact, Chrysler had recalls on those carburetors to replace them with the 72 and up style. Even they knew they were crap. I ain't payin 300 bucks for a pile of crap.

Yup and yet the 71 year model are air metered and the least desirable and hardest to tune yet people think they are gold mines. In fact, Chrysler had recalls on those carburetors to replace them with the 72 and up style. Even they knew they were crap. I ain't payin 300 bucks for a pile of crap.
you would if you had a 71 340 demon, duster, challenger, cuda, ect.. and were restoring it LOL. Also SS racers in the know say the 71 t-quads and earlier 1000cfm t-quads out run the 72 and later carbs. i do agree they are harder to tune than the 72 and later due to the lack of jets and rods on the market

Attachments

• 022 (1280x853).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 199
Oh I completely agree 100% for restoration. But, that eliminates over 90% of the buying population and so affects tha price greatly. In other words, to get that kinda money you gotta find somebody that needs one.

-
Back