thermoquad numbers question

-

66plyValiant

Reaction score
I have a NOS thermoquad thats suppost to be for a 1978- 400 CI automatic transmission the number is TQ-9188S

My question is:

whats it worth??

what is the aplication its suppost to fit (car/truck?)

what CFM is it?

is it a emissions carburator?

any help appriciated

so it seems I have a 850 CFM (2-314 throttle plates) OEM 1978 carburator

does this sound right? whats it worth?

what shape is it in? Any pics?

its new, (without the original box) its not a reman. it looks new and still has the bar code on the uppercasting as well as no corrosion or rust so I guess you would consider it NOS (new old stock) , sorry no pics just wondering what its worth and some information on it. not really sure if I want to sell it yet

Need photos....not only for condition but to see it if has the emission solenoids and vac fittings...

I bought a NOS 78 Thermoquad (Lil Red Express 360) last year at the Portland Swap Meet...$150.00

There was another there...a reman 1977 400 auto carb for $100 I should have bought as well...

Need photos....not only for condition but to see it if has the emission solenoids and vac fittings...

I bought a NOS 78 Thermoquad (Lil Red Express 360) last year at the Portland Swap Meet...$150.00

There was another there...a reman 1977 400 auto carb for $100 I should have bought as well...

I don't have pictures at the moment and well if I sold it I know I wouldn't let it go for no $100 by any means!, when I bought it I paid alot more then that for it!

I really dont know what they are worth...depends on the number and date code for application...if someone is looking for a correct restoration.
The guy selling the 78 one I bought didn't know what it was for..I passed on it initially to check the numbers..went back the next day and bought it.
Looking back I should have bought the Reman one too from another guy..

Here's a pic of a 71 340 TQ I rebuilt/detailed....

Attachments

• 71 TQ.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 165
being that its not a reman should mean that its worth abit more right? since reman TQ's don't always work that great.

my TQ looks just about as good as the one pictured above

-
Back