Thermoquad primary shaft leak

-
I think its todays **** gas. Hygroscopic, collects moisture! Modern tanks are plastic with plastic senders, fuel pumps,everything !
I had an explosion proof tank in my swinger, at least the old man called it that. Plastic inside of metal tank or something. It sat like op's with very little gas... the sender was junk and clogged for of gum...tank was garbage too. That was 1997.. It's normal for gas to do that. I scored a tank for 25 or 40 bucks 'been a while'. It was just laying in the isle next to another 70's dart.

It had to have came from the cleaning process then. I have not put any ethanol fuel in this car since its been back together
You caused the rust by using water and soap. I'm sure you let it set for a while empty and not putting any oil (fuel) into the tank to coat it. Have you ever sand blasted or sanded a body part and let it sit over night? RUST!!!! You also added fuel to the fire, WATER. I would buy another tank now, because you may have rust in the seams now and for a keeper it may come back and haunt you.

You caused the rust by using water and soap. I'm sure you let it set for a while empty and not putting any oil (fuel) into the tank to coat it. Have you ever sand blasted or sanded a body part and let it sit over night? RUST!!!! You also added fuel to the fire, WATER. I would buy another tank now, because you may have rust in the seams now and for a keeper it may come back and haunt you.
Yea that is what I figured. I ordered a new tank already. I got the spectra that @RustyRatRod recommended. He always recommends the expensive stuff lol 235 dollars vs 86 for the jc Whitney one. But I don't want to repeat this again.

Yea that is what I figured. I ordered a new tank already. I got the spectra that @RustyRatRod recommended. He always recommends the expensive stuff lol 235 dollars vs 86 for the jc Whitney one. But I don't want to repeat this again.
ugh. That's a lot.

Dang those things are getting high! For $60 more you could’ve gotten one from tanks inc that’s powder coated and has the option to add an intank pump. That’s the route I’ll be going on my Duster once I ever redo the fuel system.

Dang those things are getting high! For $60 more you could’ve gotten one from tanks inc that’s powder coated and has the option to add an intank pump. That’s the route I’ll be going on my Duster once I ever redo the fuel system.
Yea 60 more dollars than I had lol I actually used my birthday money to buy the tank and sending unit and overtime money to buy everything else which left me broke this week lol

My tank, sending unit, filters and fuel pump came today hopefully I get them installed this week.

Yea 60 more dollars than I had lol I actually used my birthday money to buy the tank and sending unit and overtime money to buy everything else which left me broke this week lol
Buy once, cry once. :lol:
Just kidding. I understand completely.

Once I get this thing all sorted out im gonna have to head west and meet up with you and your duster!
For sure, man! I’m probably not gonna be doing any/many roadtrips in the next year with the baby coming in may, but I’m hoping to maybe do at least part of power tour in 2023. As you probably know, we did take the Duster to western Missouri over Christmas and it performed flawlessly. There’s definitely a list of upgrades/improvements I want to make to it in the next couple months.

-
Back