ThermoQuad rebuild kit weirdness

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
NAPA (Echlin) listed three different kits. With the first two I tried, the fuel well O-rings were too small and jiggled around in their bores, but the third kit that I ordered had the correct-sized ones. Some of the TQs must have used different size O-rings (smaller than the ones in mine), I guess. If you use the wrong size O-rings I'll bet the carb would leak like crazy.

Good catch Bill! When I took the top off my T-Quad to replace the accelerator pump, I noticed one well seal was off center and squished in such a manner that it had to be leaking some. Poked around in my stash of old kits and found a pair of well seals that were a little bigger in diameter and a few thousands of an inch thicker.

Some of these kits cover so many models that care needs to be taken with matching all the gaskets. One kit had 4 different bowl cover gaskets, 2 different variations for small primaries and 2 different variations for large primaries. A novice can mess up a T-Quad very easily if not careful. Once assembled and adjusted properly they are awesome performers. Now all you need is some decent gas!

There are a couple of year splits with the Thermoquad. As stated, Ninja Fuel Systems on Ebay is awesome. They have kits and parts for each different model. They also sell tuning kits for them as well.

Rusty, I need to rebuild a 73 340 TQ.What is the best part# kit to use ?

-
Back