thermoquad to holley what parts needed ?

-
Your mopar linkage bolt fits the single hole side and the bracket bolts to the carb with the same offset as the OEM carb. Minor linkage adjustments is all even with the adapter plate.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...se1-_-holley&gclid=COy2wsODxM0CFQeraQodVJUFMQ

hly-20-7_ml.jpg
AND
depending on manifold....

trd-2034.jpg

Last edited:
Here's how to install the bracket to the carb:

Also if you use a spread bore Holley, you can eliminate the adapter. I've used the Holley 6711 it's a 650 mechanical secondary carb to replace a spread bore...

DSC04903 B.jpg

DSC04904 B.jpg

DSC04907 B.jpg

DSC04911 B.jpg

DSC04913 B.jpg

after getting the ho0lley adaptor... the carb will only goto half open the kickdown is all the way back at that point....not letting it go all the way back

after getting the ho0lley adaptor... the carb will only goto half open the kickdown is all the way back at that point....not letting it go all the way back

Have you adjusted the kickdown properly???

Set the length on the middle piece, then adjust the slotted piece so it is at max travel when the carb is at WOT.... It sounds like your center piece/link is adjusted to be too long...

Have you adjusted the kickdown properly???

Set the length on the middle piece, then adjust the slotted piece so it is at max travel when the carb is at WOT.... It sounds like your center piece/link is adjusted to be too long...
I used the drill bit through the holes..but cant remember at what position the lever on the tranny should be..i can feel right when the leaver touches the valve in the trans

I used the drill bit through the holes..but cant remember at what position the lever on the tranny should be..i can feel right when the leaver touches the valve in the trans

You adjust the center piece just so the ball can slip in the clip when it's pulled all the way forward.

Then adjust the slotted rod to be all the way rearward when the carb is at wide open throttle.

You adjust the center piece just so the ball can slip in the clip when it's pulled all the way forward.

Then adjust the slotted rod to be all the way rearward when the carb is at wide open throttle.
ok thanks is there any pics of a stock 70 440 kickdown setup. so I can make sure I have the correct parts... thanks again..

ok thanks is there any pics of a stock 70 440 kickdown setup. so I can make sure I have the correct parts... thanks again..

I can't find the kickdown in the 70 manual, but here's the kickdown for a 440 from the 68 manual:

440's were not offered in a-bodies in 70...

440 Kick Down.jpg

440 Kick Down 02.jpg

Thank....looks like the sloted rod is bend in your pic...mine is straight..thinking mine is wrong

As long as it will adjust to get the proper position at WOT you will be ok. If it's too short, you can get some threaded rod and hex stock to extend the rod...

-
Back