Thermostat housing seeping...

-
Sometimes rust will erode the factory aluminum ones beyond any ability to seal.

There are inexpensive epoxy products made to fix corroded aluminum seal areas. It works like JB Weld, but it's made to correct aluminum water and oil seals specifically. I think JB Weld may actually be the manufacturer. I've seen it used on really old engines with rare parts and it does a good job.

Although I'm sure that Napa has a replacement housing for cheap that will do the trick. If your intake is a little pitted, silicone sealant with the gasket may be necessary on that end, with a new housing. I'm betting that just replacing your housing with another cast aluminum one will do what you need it to do. Make sure it's been milled on the bottom, though. Some of the cheap Chinese ones are warpy, right out of the box. If it looks like cast aluminum with no milling, you could give it a quick file to true it.

try a sheet or 2 of 100 sand paper on an even surface sometimes they worp from the heat. put stat housing on a flat surface if its not even with surface sand it and even it out some. this will happen often to cast housings.

There are soooo many oppinions on this and all of them can work, or not.
I use RTV ONLY, and NEVER have even so much as a damp spot EVER!

did the same
several gasket
sealer
housing
finally I bought an oring style housing
never hade sleepage seens

There are soooo many oppinions on this and all of them can work, or not.
I use RTV ONLY, and NEVER have even so much as a damp spot EVER!

Me too. I use to get seeping whenever I used a gasket, no matter how clean the surface or what color RTV I used. Got rid of the gasket and used a small bead of RTV and have not had a drop since.

-
Back