thermostat part number please

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have a rpm air gap intake and a o ring houseing what thermostat should i use around 180degrees i have one from a 70 sumtin 360 but its to big around thanks for your comments

Any thermostat should work if its the older style and not the magnum air gap.

my water outlet is a 9845 mr gasket with o ring can i put a o ring on both sides of the thermostat i tryed a gasket on the bottom and o ring on top no luck it leaked

my water outlet is a 9845 mr gasket with o ring can i put a o ring on both sides of the thermostat i tryed a gasket on the bottom and o ring on top no luck it leaked

LOL!! Thats your problem, no chrome thermostat housing is sealable. Get a stocker from autozone or something and seal it up. aka I have the chrome one 2, I know it does not work.

Don't have a part number handy but if the earlier T-stat is too large then you need the later model T-stat which I think came out around '76 or so. I run the chrome T-stat housings on my cars and don't really have a problem sealing them up . I buy the cheapo chrome ones from summit racing. Before installing it I ruff up the chrome a little on the bottom side, throw on some permatex blue rtv and put it together. The biggest trick with the cheap chrome ones is since they are pot metal you can not over tighten them because they will warp easily and never seal again.

thanks for the help guys i ill check the later t stat for size i had no probs with this outlet leaking and it looks good or i have a stocker if need be thanks again

-
Back