These The Correct Gears For my 8.25

-

Cruzin

Reaction score
Hey all. I was at the swap meet today and found this brand new old stock Mopar (27 spline) 3.55 ring and pinion set for my 8.25 I'm putting together. Can anyone verify these will fit the 8.25 carrier for 74 dart sport? I did a little research and I "Think" they are correct. But, I wanted to ask and make sure. Thanks ahead of time. The Ring number is 52068826-3.55 and the Pinion number is 52068828.
By looking up the number on the outside of the box (04882132AB), it appears these were for a later model 8.25 rear. But I would think they should be fine for my application.
Probably a dumb question. But a little help would be appreciated. I would guess 8.25 is 8.25 is 8.25, no matter what.
Yes, the carrier is for the larger ring and pinions. Not the 2.45 offset carrier.

Attachments

• pinion gear.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 228
  • ring gear.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 204
Anyone....?
Lord knows some of yall have worked with the 8.25's before and know the ins and outs of them.
I suppose if I put "Free Beer" in the post... I would have gotten a response by now....LOL

The code numbers I looked up indicate they are for a 8.25. I believe they are for a newer model 8.25 rear end, but I can't see why they would not work with my old carrier and housing.
I was just checking to see if anyone had recognized the numbers before.
I realize all the different manufacturers of ring and pinions have their own codes stamped on their ring and pinions.
Thanks for the help.

I have never dealt with an 8.25 so you will probably have to mic everthing to make sure they fit and your asumption is correct.

try doctor diff, he's on here.

I have a stupid question regarding the 8.25. Why is it that some of them were referred to as "8.375" and "8 3/8" ? I have seen them listed as such, yet they are all 8.25.

Thank you drive through.

Yep... and this ring actually appears to be in between 8.25 and 8.375. None the less, I will measure on the cmm at work. I don't think it will make a difference.
Thanks for the help guys.
I am also curious as why some are listed as 8.375 and 8.25.......

The 8.25 and 8.375 are 2 different ring variations, both fit but the 8.25 is really 210mm and 8.375 is 213mm.
They aren't listed differently as the same , one gear is larger but share the same housing. The 9.25 has had housing changes and can run into machining needs with larger gears where older versions don't

-
Back