They are out there, but getting harder to find

-

Cooter

Reaction score
My dad calls me and says theres a 64 valiant sedan (pushbutton slanty) in the junkyard for 200 bucks. Front end was hit but recognizable and fixable. Before I told him to get his *** up there pronto, they crushed it. The junkyard says they are paying 150 bucks for scrap cars cause of steel prices.

GAHHHHHH! I wanted this car for my daughter who is 12. In 4 years she will be driving (probably sooner).

Even she wants "a Duster or Mopar like you daddy." She is not a cookie-cutter girl. It would be a travesty if I got her a cookie-cutter car for her first set of wheels.

Those rotten jerks. He said the only thing they'll save are "classic chevs or fords".

Point of the story kids, is that even the common mopars we passed up 10 years ago are getting picked off left and right. I remember passing up 4 door darts and whatnot and now I wished i'd have invested in a few of them.

The sad part about this is that a lot of these 4 door cars that are being crushed are actually in fairly decent shape and have stood the test of time. It is very sad to think that like the OP stated, he wanted to buy this car for his daughter as her 1st vehicle, I would rather see my daughter in a car that has a lot of steel around her to protect her in case of an accident vs a car that is mostly plastic and fiberglass.

-
Back