They said it wouldn't work, you did it anyway. How did that work out for you?

-
Every time I've ever bet on myself, I've never totally failed. It may not have gone the way I wanted it to, but I always learned something - and therefore, it's never a total loss.

I call it failing forward

Most successful people in life have failed more than they have succeeded. It's the failures that create character.

Never had anyone in my life that gave good advice including the ones that had much more edumudkasion than me so I did what I thought felt/looked right instead of listening to them and did pretty good. The only big mistakes I made were getting married to women I shouldn't have married. During my 2nd messed up marriage I studied psychology and that opened my eyes quite a bit. Did stay with my 2nd wife for 30 years tho and that in itself was a mistake. She left in 2017 and it felt like crap at first but it didn't take long to see 'she' did the right thing finally lol. We've talked very little since then and that's the way I like it!

Some breakups hurt like hell but do result in a much happier life once the trauma fades away. I think we get used to that conflict and think that most relationships are that way.
They aren’t, or at least… they shouldn’t be.

All my second wife's friends said she should not marry me. We have been married since 1996, still inseparable. Best thing that ever happened to me. First wife, not so much...

I started this thread thinking that maybe I’d read a response that might trigger a memory of something I did that I forgot.
I’m a bit disappointed that I can’t recall many stupid things I was advised against. I feel like I missed out on some wild times to laugh about.

I started this thread thinking that maybe I’d read a response that might trigger a memory of something I did that I forgot.
I’m a bit disappointed that I can’t recall many stupid things I was advised against. I feel like I missed out on some wild times to laugh about.
You probably didn't miss a thing. You are a lucky man. I feel the same as you, but the older I get, the less important a lot of things turned out to be. I do have a lot of truly great memories of cars, friends, and family.

Last edited:
We were told back in the late 60's, "You can't run ladder bars on the street, you can't run 3" straight pipes off the headers on the street, you can't run roller cams on the street and many other things"' Guess what, we did it anyway! LOL

-
Back