Things Change.. Butters is now getting a 392

-
Just match them on the side. No one will notice. Lol.
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like the ones you have on the front better.
Funny, my son ran his Belvedere around for almost a year, cop caps on one side, plain dog dish on the other side to figure which he liked more, NOBODY noticed, or at least said anything.

Cliff Ramsdell

Picked up the final piece of the puzzle yesterday. Having some coffee and heading out to the shop to start putting everything together. A little bit to do actually.. Make brake lines, install the rear, assemble ebrakes hubs, axles etc. I feel pretty driven this morning so it should go well.

20240412_180917.jpg

Picked up the final piece of the puzzle yesterday. Having some coffee and heading out to the shop to start putting everything together. A little bit to do actually.. Make brake lines, install the rear, assemble ebrakes hubs, axles etc. I feel pretty driven this morning so it should go well.

View attachment 1716235947
I'm excited for you. Lots of work to get to this point. I'm anxious to drive mine and my swap isn't starting for another month. Still can't believe I'm swapping a perfectly great running car... Oh well, that's what hot rodding is all about.

I'm excited for you. Lots of work to get to this point. I'm anxious to drive mine and my swap isn't starting for another month. Still can't believe I'm swapping a perfectly great running car... Oh well, that's what hot rodding is all about.
After swapping Hoopty, I'm hooked! I tried to love the Dart as it was, but after getting a real good taste of a Hemi swap.. I just couldn't. I had so much buyers remorse and I just knew there was only one cure... I got a fever and the only prescription is...

More cowbell!

Last edited:
In case anyone wonders... Mopar 15x6.5 Rallyes with 4.25 bs will not work on an 8.8. Calipers hit HARD! ****...

Rear end in, filled, brakes bled, driveshaft in and wheels borrowed from Hoopty.. Looking goofy lol. Good enough for a test drive tomorrow tho. Just need make sure fluids are topped off.

Screenshot_20240413-211234_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240413-211302_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240413-211309_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240413-211323_Gallery.jpg

Did some driving yesterday.. All went well but I am going to make a few changes before really turning it loose.

Brought it around and rinsed things off

Burnouts.. Yes!

Screenshot_20240414-202701_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:
That 6.4's roll out in the big heavy challenger so I bet it scoots around good in the smaller much lighter car

So, after my test drive last weekend, I had a few things that I just couldn't shake and being wired the way I am, I had to address them.

One thing is oil pressure. I'm just not happy with it and felt like I was watching the gauge constantly. Cold was 40 and would drop to 25 at hot idle.. Not so bad. But driving at speed, it didn't really bring it up to what I expected. I have a 2020 Ram 5.7 that carries over 55 or 60 at a low rpm cruise.. And I wasn't anywhere near that. Hoopty carries 60 at hot idle (HC pump). When I had this motor on the stand, I had a new HC pump on the shelf and decided not to use it since the motor was such a low mile motor and super clean inside. Hindsight right!? It may be fine but I just don't want to be a gauge watcher.. Takes the fun out of it, for me. So I've broken my weekend only rule and put a few hours in out in the shop this week.. A few minutes here and there. Really wasn't bad at all and so thankful that I didn't have to lift the engine. HC pump will be done for the weekend.

Another thing I'm addressing while I'm here is the alternator. I never really realized just how long those lower bolts were. Hell, I thought I was gonna have to lift the engine just to get the bolts out! They run all the way through the TC cover by about a good 3/4 of an inch. The heads would hit the frame longer before coming out. Fortunately, the alternator came off attached with the timing cover. I'll shorten them considerably to allow for them to come out in the future.. Should they ever need to.

I also decided that I really want to run the Rallyes that I bought. So I did some washer stacking and found that if I run 1/2" spacer, they'll clear the caliper. So I ordered a pair of hubcentric/lugcentric 1/2" spacers and ARP extended studs. I really didn't want to go that route but it is what it is. I'll just be sure to constantly check them.

20240418_190419.jpg

20240418_182055.jpg

20240417_192914.jpg

Screenshot_20240417-081609_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240417-081817_Gallery.jpg

20240418_190452.jpg

20240418_190501.jpg

No Bolts Left Behind on YT had an issue with the oil pressure on his 5.7 swap and it turned out to be the wrong pickup. I guess the tab is clocked differently between a VVT motor and no-VVT motor and he had the wrong one so it didn't bolt down square and allowed for a leak. Based on your picture, doesn't look like that is your issue, but maybe the o-ring got kinked or cut during installation?

No Bolts Left Behind on YT had an issue with the oil pressure on his 5.7 swap and it turned out to be the wrong pickup. I guess the tab is clocked differently between a VVT motor and no-VVT motor and he had the wrong one so it didn't bolt down square and allowed for a leak. Based on your picture, doesn't look like that is your issue, but maybe the o-ring got kinked or cut during installation?
Yes, the vvt and non vvt is clocked different. Everything looked good when it went together and came apart with new o ring. I'll replace the oring this time as well. I've read threads on other forums of similar oil pressures. Actually seems pretty common... I just don't want to be thinking about it all the time.

I've read threads on other forums of similar oil pressures. Actually seems pretty common... I just don't want to be thinking about it all the time.

I agree, I wouldn't want to have that in the back of my mind either.

Getting close.. Motor is back together and Arp wheel studs done on 1 side (only 1/2 my order came in) and the wheels fit great with 1/2" spacer...i just need to decide on optimum tire size for the 6.5 wheel.. Plenty of room. The other 5 arp studs should be here today.

Not much left on my list now.. For a while, it felt like it was growing exponentially. Still need to do studs on the drivers side, put AC vents back under dash, charge AC, tirrs, alignment and rear tires... Ummm, I think that's it till next winter. I wouldn't mind doing a front disc swap this summer but for now, I'm eager to drive.

BTW, if you've never done 8. 8 parking brakes with axles in.. Omfg! It's hard enough when the axles are out! If you're doing an 8-8..just put them in while the axles are out.. As a precaution. Your wheels may surprise you.

Screenshot_20240422-073644_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-073706_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-073745_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-073803_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-073836_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-074446_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-074512_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-074545_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-074605_Gallery.jpg

Getting close.. Motor is back together and Arp wheel studs done on 1 side (only 1/2 my order came in) and the wheels fit great with 1/2" spacer...i just need to decide on optimum tire size for the 6.5 wheel.. Plenty of room. The other 5 arp studs should be here today.

Not much left on my list now.. For a while, it felt like it was growing exponentially. Still need to do studs on the drivers side, put AC vents back under dash, charge AC, tirrs, alignment and rear tires... Ummm, I think that's it till next winter. I wouldn't mind doing a front disc swap this summer but for now, I'm eager to drive.

BTW, if you've never done 8. 8 parking brakes with axles in.. Omfg! It's hard enough when the axles are out! If you're doing an 8-8..just put them in while the axles are out.. As a precaution. Your wheels may surprise you.

View attachment 1716239950

View attachment 1716239951

View attachment 1716239952

View attachment 1716239953

View attachment 1716239954

View attachment 1716239955

View attachment 1716239956

View attachment 1716239957

View attachment 1716239958
FANTASTIC!!! Give the dog a hug for me!!:)

-
Back