think i have it wired up - couple last items so i dont destroy anything!

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
well spent some time with various diagrams and advice from folks here and i think i have the wiring almost ready. i have only temporarily wired everything so that if it isnt correct i can make adjustments. once done i'll tidy everything up.

i am at work so no additional pics but i will explain what i did.

so again this was a /6 67 dart GT that i put a 76 318 in as well as the alternator, regulator, dual ballast, and elec ignition in from the 318.

based on the images attached, i ran 2 wires (grey/black and brown/black) from the elec ignition to the distrib. that leaves 3 wires on the elec ignition connector but there are only 4 prongs on the actual elec ignition. so i ran the gree/red wire from the elec ignition to the ballast. that leaves 2 wires on the elec ignition. so i ran the black/yellow to the neg of the coil and the blue yellow to the ballast. so all wires on elec ignition are used.

originally i had a blue wire and a brown wire from the /6 going to the old regulator. so i ran an extra blue wire from the 2nd field ?? on the alternator to the blue wire on the new regulator and the orginal blue wire from the /6 (so 3 wires together). then i connected the green wire from the new regulator to the green wire going to the ballast.

the ballast has 4 posts. according to the manual the lower right is #1, the lower left is #2, upper right is #3 and upper left is #4 when viewed straight on with the little indent on the right side of the ballast. i had 4 wires on the /6 - see the first pic - bundled into 2 pairs. i just attached each pair to a different post. i dont think this correct.

i know this a long email and tough without great pics, but can anyone help clarify if i have thes run correctly?

ballast-1.jpg

wire-2.jpg

dart_new0regulator2.jpg

mopar wiring.jpg

wires.jpg

-
Back