Thinking about a slant 6 turbo project

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am going to get a 87 D100 from a friend. Its a Slant 6 Auto.

Now this is probably a dog with engine combo in a truck, never driven one, so I think I am going to do a turbo project.

anyone ever done this? anyone got a parts list that works good, I have seen a bunch of posts here, the truck will just be a street truck, wood hauler for my new property etc.

And if that doesn't work, I will just throw the 72 400 in it after I build it a bit

Hey everyone, I am going to get a 87 D100 from a friend. Its a Slant 6 Auto.

Now this is probably a dog with engine combo in a truck, never driven one, so I think I am going to do a turbo project.

anyone ever done this? anyone got a parts list that works good, I have seen a bunch of posts here, the truck will just be a street truck, wood hauler for my new property etc.

And if that doesn't work, I will just throw the 72 400 in it after I build it a bit

Give it a go!

Price out stuff now to see what you are in for and to make sure you can afford it. Serj22's build shows that it is affordable. His is a very educational and informative thread. I would think on a trunk engine bay you may have a lot more room to work with.

Mike

Do it. The slant is a dog in a truck, and can be made better even without a turbo. Just know that even on a budget it will get a bit expensive.

-
Back