Thinking of selling my duster, what do you think its worth?

-

IL duster

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm thinking of selling my Duster as it just sits in the garage and never gets used. It's a 1971 Plymouth duster with a 360 engine originally a 318 car. Specs of the car are below. Just trying to get an idea of what it is worth in today's market.

Engine:
Built by Hughes engines, it's a .060 overbore 1972 block

rotating assembly was balanced

BHJ harmonic balancer

Eagle I beam rods

Diamond forged pistons set up for a compression ratio of 10.5:1

Edelbrock Rpm aluminum cylinder heads with Hughes engines stage 2 port job

Hughes engines Hydraulic flat tappet cam specs with the 1.6 rocker arms
are .571 Int. and .576 Exh

Double roller timing chain with tensioner

High volume oil and water pumps

Hughes engines roller rockers 1.6 ratio

Edelbrock Rpm airgap intake, also ported by hughes

Edelbrock 750cfm carb with K&N air filter

Trans:
Rebuilt 727 trans

A&A transmission torque converter with 3800 stall

Plate type trans cooler

B&M shifter

Various info:
Has a Be cool radiator in it with a spal fan, also has a flex o lite pusher fan mounted on ac condenser

Optima battery

Distributor and coil are FBO components

Has the large bolt pattern on the front with disc brakes

big block torsion bars

magnumforce upper tubular control arms

As you can see in the pic's it has Weld racing pro stars on it. Rears will need to be changed because it has wheel spacers on it for the 5 on 4 bolt pattern.

Hooker headers

Jegs mandrel bent exhaust system

8 3/4 diff with awesome 2.76 gears in it, I beleive it is a 741 case

Vintage air Gen 2 system

Full autometer gauges

Painless wiring fuse block and associated wiring

As you can see this is a work in progress that I bought a couple of years ago. The body is decent but no where near perfect and has some scratches and some bondo bubbles coming up through the paint. The floor pans are decent but have some holes in both the front pans, but it is very far from Fred Flintstone, largest hole about the size of a quarter.

The wheel adapters is something else that I haven't got around to yet, but I have a Ford 8.8 rear that will go with the car if you want it. I was going to so that conversion as well as upgrade to rear disc brakes. I also want to ditch the front seats as they weren't my style. But funds have been low and they are not torn or broken so they have stayed. That is really why I am selling it, as I don't have the money to fix it the way that I want to build it.

I'll let the pics do the rest of talking, but if there is any other info that you think I need to post up please let me know.

669d790a.jpg

20e25c1d.jpg

4ba6611f.jpg

750c35ee.jpg

e97d6f88.jpg

7f654fc2.jpg

ea3dbbab.jpg

726fb27b.jpg

f4bf1675.jpg

a3546bf8.jpg

631fa91f.jpg

ab11d9ad.jpg

b10d6548.jpg

I know you have much more in to it and it looks qood. I'm going to say about $13,000 if no serious rust issues in today's market but I hope I'm wrong and you get much more.

Could always just put it on FleaBay with a reserve of what you hope to get for it. Sorry I am of no help in the value department. Good luck.

I know you have much more in to it and it looks qood. I'm going to say about $13,000 if no serious rust issues in today's market but I hope I'm wrong and you get much more.

Besides the front floor boards that I mentioned, the only other metal work that I can see it needs is the truck extensions or quarter extensions. Previous owner just painted over them, but they have holes in them and need to be replaced, again just lack of money.

I was also going to do a passengers side quarter when I re did the paint. The lower portions on that quarter are filled with bondo. No rust there, just damaged from what I was told.

Could always just put it on FleaBay with a reserve of what you hope to get for it. Sorry I am of no help in the value department. Good luck.

That is a very possible outcome... I really hate selling a car, but at this point I don't have much of a option. Thanks!

Dan

Depends on the area you are trying to sell it in.. Down here that would be 9500 and that would take a while to get that for it..

Economy sucks to be selling a classic now...a couple years ago I would have said over $10K...now I would say under $10K, maybe as low as $7-8K.

Personally I would keep it, maybe de-tune the motor a bit and drive it around and get some enjoyment...rather than give it away.

Paul

-
Back