thinking of selling

-

ef8340

Reaction score
hey y'all just curious if there's anyone interested in buying my dart? im really down on my luck and on the verge of loosing everything. it's a 70 dart swinger340 that's been rebodied ( I know very bad but atleast im being honest ) no hidden surprises the original body was to far gone to save. the car is very solid I think the only rust holes are in the trunk and one in the bottom part of the rear window area that was fixed by me they are no bigger than a size of a dime. I've been wanting to restore this car for along time now but it keeps getting put on the back burner and now im completely out of options the car has everything I could salvage off of the original 340 car I also have a lot of other stuff that will go with it. its fender tag lists it as being a quad green VO2, ledger green tail stripe with go-wing and black out hood treatment car. it's the opposite of Bens car in arizona (Arizona swinger) color wise. pm me and I can get some pics up

I'm right there with you bud. Hope yall get it worked out. I think now is the worst possible time to try to sell something. God bless yall.

Me and you both man. I think before long all there are going to be is rich folks and homeless folks.

We're not to far away.....if there's somethin Kitty and I can do for yall let us know.

I appreciate that Rob, im planning on selling everything and that should get the bills covered and get the wife a beater and whats left im going to truck driving school they seem to be always in demand there will always be other cars but a wife and kid there's only one

Well just let me know. The offer's genuine. I mean **** man, we'll just all go down together. LMAO

Sadly there comes a point in many of our lives where we need to sell cars, parts, play toys and even homes and downsize to what we can afford to survive.

In a church service I remember well our elder talking about worldly possessions being dirt and in the end most of it will return to dirt in the end so there is no need to focus on it and put it above all things. The man talking about this is a great friend of mine named Steve Irby who just happens to own the multi-million dollar Kicker speaker corporation. He walks the walk and lives the life too. He was the pianist that played at our wedding over 30 years ago and Kicker was in a very small back room of a converted house where they sold band equipment in the front back then. Actually Kicker wasn't even named yet as the first speakers were Stillwater Designs.

Bill, I agree with your friend. He's 100% right. But you know, it sure is easy for a millionaire to say that.

Bill, I agree with your friend. He's 100% right. But you know, it sure is easy for a millionaire to say that.

He wasn't a millionaire back then, more of a hand to mouth shoe string operation and he has suffered some serious bumps along the road but has survived. When I first met Steve he was living in a pretty old house that needed a serious face lift and couldn't afford a tv. When the speaker company was just a few years old he rented my box truck once a week to haul his speakers to UPS.

He has kept people employed when he was in serious business downfall even though he finally did have to lay some off to keep a float. He doesn't buy new cars even today for their personal use, gives a lot of money to the church and other non-profits. That went way down when his business took a serious hit too. You will never meet a more down to earth guy. His wife is the same way. I have known Steve for over 30 years and he is the one person that I know that is genuine.

-
Back