thinking of selling

-

imacbo

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting out of the A-body stuff and maybe getting an E-body. Anyone have thoughts on this? Dont get me wrong I love the A's but i really really want an E or maybe a B. the only way I could afford one is if I can sell off my scamp and extra motors and stuff like that. What do you guys think?

Do what you want. Tastes change, I'm a lot more open minded than I used to be.

E's are cool, but they are THE most expensive to restore. The doors sound funny when you close them too. But I've owned them and like them just fine

Ultimately your the one that has to be happy with your ride. If you want an E or B body you should do it. What ever you you decide you want make sure and do your home work on it before buying it to make sure your not getting something that's hard to find parts for or has very expensive parts.

Brother, I don't mean to judge,but looking at your picture I'd say sell the scamp and go get a Chebby...I'd feel a bit safer knowing that we weren't at the same shows!!! lol

As the owner of an E-body I can tell you I agree with what's been said so far, they're expensive!

If you're looking for a drivable e-body, plan on parting with at least $10k. Thats about what I paid for mine, and since then I've been watching Ebay and Craigslist and all the local stuff (almost a year now) and I can say if you want something you can drive it will cost that much. Even rollers with most of the parts will set you back $5k depending on the condition, and that's just the regular run of the mill stuff, no R/T's or T/A's or anything crazy.

I bought my '71 Dart GT, an original CA car, no rust, #'s matching, with buildsheet, and in need of a carb rebuild and some interior parts to get it back on the road, for a little over a tenth of what I paid for my '72 Challenger, a non-numbers matching, no buildsheet, needing floor patches and 2 small frame patches, driveable 318/904 car. My Dart is in far better condition that my Challenger, although the Chally looks better from 10 ft because of the lame Maaco paint job (it'll fall off soon enough).

Other than the price though, the e-bodies have the same number of quirks as the a's, just different. Bigger and heavier, thats for sure. Harder to find than the A-bodies too, same for parts. Avoid rust like the plague, the body parts cost a small fortune!

If you want to find an e-body, just plan on looking for awhile. I bought mine too fast, got excited and it was close so I picked it up and have been caught by a few things (the frame patches it needs!). I've seen some pretty clean cars out there, but like I said, plan on parting with at least $10k if you want to drive it. The '72-'74 models are definitely cheaper too, so if you're on a budget look there, the '70 and '71 cars are usually more expensive because of the BB's and the special models. A lot of parts on the '71's are '71 only, so parts can be an issue on those (REALLY expensive). Also the coolest year IMHO, go figure.

I love my e-body, my bank account hates it! Good luck :-D

If you want one you should do it. Life is to short to be kicking yourself because you didn't try. I love the looks of the E's but years ago the cheap interior I kept seeing turned me away. I know many were built with interior upgrades but I got turned of by all the plastic I kept on seeing. But overall, they are great cars. Never saw an A body with a 440/6pk from the factory.
My sites are more grounded to what I remember. I use to be a Chebby guy and I still remember those damn 340 Dusters and Darts beating me at the track. Plus I always liked the late 60's Darts a lot. Now I have a 69 in the shop being repaired and painted waiting for the 340. I'm really looking forward to see just how quick the 340 will rev with my 514 gram Ross pistons. Stock were over 800 grams.

Buy what you want because life is to short. I sold my 68 Charger to go to an A-body because I was racing a 66 Dart and loved it more than my 68 Charger. Thats why I got my 71 Scamp. Here my old 68 I had.

charger.jpg

Last Year I Sold My 71 340 4 Spd Ev2 Cuda And Bought 3 Dusters.
I Recently Traded All The E Body Parts I Had For A Nice Shark Grill,some Sunroof Parts,other Small Duster Stuff.
E Bodies Are Over Rated And Over Priced.
I Sold Mine Very Cheap.

Theres a lot more parts available for E bodies. I love my A's but I really miss my 70 Cuda.

PCu2.jpg

I agree with everyone else that you should do what you want. Only thing is that as far as selling now probably is the worst time so what was worth $3k a year ago is probably worth $2k now and it might take a while to sell. On the plus side you should be able to find a little better deal on your new buy. Maybe start out seeing what you can get for the stuff you have and then go from there. Regardless, best of luck and keep us posted!!

You only live once, so enjoy it as you please!!! At least you are aware of what it will take to jump into a E body. You could sell now and save or keep what you got untill you find what you want and then sell to be able to do any work you might want to do. Eigther way your staying MOPAR so it can't bad!!!

I've owned e-bodies and b-bodies,and i would trade/sell my a-body for any of them....

Do what ya feel you got-ta do!
Get the wheels that make you happy. Gee kind of like, I can never make up my mind.....blonde, brunette, red, whatever....I'm still confused after 25 years and don't really know (what I want yet!!) :-D

Theres a lot more parts available for E bodies. I love my A's but I really miss my 70 Cuda.

I have always wondered about the 68 Barracuda you got sold ... but now you show us this 70 cuda' you used to have. Have you lost your mind?

I'm thinking of getting out of the A-body stuff and maybe getting an E-body. Anyone have thoughts on this? Dont get me wrong I love the A's but i really really want an E or maybe a B. the only way I could afford one is if I can sell off my scamp and extra motors and stuff like that. What do you guys think?

B-bodies.... most of those are big blocks. I had a 68 Charger for 15 years.

It also depends on what years of B-bodies .. I like the 68,69 B-bodies the most.

anyone close to arkansas have a e or b they would like to trade? ifso shoot me an email.

i wouldn't think about how much its going to cost cuz if you really want a e or b body you'll do what ever it takes to get one. just make sure you know what you want to do with it before starting.

I believe as long as its Mopar...theres no problem =) My Grandpa has a '67 Coronet 440 with the original 318 that I would just love to drive. White with Blue interior, body straight as an arrow. He is the original owner. And also a '55 Coronet with a 6 cyl...either one of these would be cool cruisers for Friday or Saturday night..

i have a 74 cuda , that was a father and son project , i drove both and personnaly i turned to A-bodies , ligther , different , not expensive , and a lot of color , engine set-up , its fun to drvie . i love my cuda but its not the same , buy what you like the most , but btw you will always get your money back if you put it on a cuda more than an a-body , my personnal experience !

Do what you want to do, but remember old cars are like women, you got to keep giving them money or they will leave you on the side of the road...lol

-
Back