Thinking of trying something new

-

Airdwayne

Reaction score
Hello all,
All I've ever owned we holleys (and one Carter BBD), so i am familiar with them. I recently swapped the intake to an Edelbrock spread bore manifold. Wont say which one cause to be honest, the SP2P318 runners look sad compared to the ones you can't find at a wrecking yard for $40. i know i have had hesitation problems with the holleys on my dart but I'm pretty sure its timing. from what i know its a stock 318 rebuilt before i bought the car. only swapped out manifold and distributor. old one had no advance can. spray around manifold and carb with carb cleaner and no rpm change. any ways, i would like to try my hand at either an edelbrock spread bore carb or thermoquad or what have you. any recommendations for a man on a budget? got any old ones like to get rid of? i was looking on ebay for 1405s. i live in southern california so i doubt i need a auto choke. the ones i see for sale here are either sold, to much, or doubt its still available seeing the ad is about a year or more old.

This is a cruise/ one day get back to driving it back and forth to work car. ill save performance till i buy and rebuild a motor.

Specs: 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger, 318 4 barrel Auto. Stock. Lokar throttle and kickdown cables with bracket for holleys.

thanks in advance. my morning starts with FABO.

-
Back