-
Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownsnake

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a full third member, i want a sure grip one. 3.91 with 489 case would be great or 4.10's in a 742 case will be ok to. let me no price shipped to 73505

I have a 323 posi 741 case small yoke. This is just the pumkin NOT the housing and axles. I am in fort worth just a short drive from ok. $400.00
Let me know if interested. Thanks

I may have a 741 case with 3.91 posi. Not too sure on specifics, just know its out of an e-body 8 3/4 that ran high 12s on slicks so it held up ok. Email [email protected] if your interested.

Thanks but i dont have that kinda of money to go out and buy a new one. I just need one to get me by for a little untill i can rebuild one

I have a 741 case 4.56 posi 3rd member. Has the cone type posi unit. Email me if you think its interested at [email protected] I was asking 365.00 shipped in the 48 states. I also have several pictures of it. Matt

What do you want to give for one. Looks like plenty to choose from. I highly doubt you will find a 742/489 housing with a posi complete with a 391/410 gear for under 450 to 500. Partmopar

im not worried about price. I have 800 bucks saved for one. All i no is i want a high 3 or low 4 gear ratio. This is a strip/strip car so i dont need a high 4 gear

really nice new bearings 3.91 with small yoke out of a 74 van no case number but 895 on it big pinion bearings 475. really nice no play in it shipping will be about 65.00 to 75.00

isnt it true that 3.91 can only go or came in certain cases?

You could get a 3.91 for any of the cases. It just depends on the part # for the appropriate shaft diameter.

I have a 489 case with a Sure-Grip in a housing. But I'm not sure of the gear or overall condition. I will try to get it apart for more details over the next few days.

I just happen to get it apart a little while ago!
Original gear from 1969, big yoke with straps and has the carrier "buttons".
I was told that the car it was in sat for over 10 years. Full of oil & no rust inside. But while everything seems tight and smooth with no unusual wear, the gear is only a 3.23.

It' a little insert that goes into the middle of the carrier in between the ends of the 2 axles. It is required when using OEM adjustable axle bearings. It can be removed when using non-adjustable "green" axle bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back