THIS 1965 HEMI IS FOR SALE. I WANT TO BUY IT.

-

The Cuda

Reaction score
I NEED SOME INPUT AS TO THE VALUE OF THIS ENGINE. 1965 HEMI WITH THE ALCOA ALUMINUM 2531110 K HEADS. THE ENGINE IS COMPLETE MINUS THE INTAKE AND CARBS BUT,, HAS A 2X4 TUNNEL AND CARBS. THE BORE IS STANDARD. IT'S DISASSEMBLED AND I'VE SEEN /EXAMINED IT UP CLOSE. OWNER SAYS THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS ENGINE. I KNOW HE'S GONE TO AN INDY 572 NOW. HE WANTS ME TO COME UP WITH AN OFFER. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ? I DO HAVE A HOME FOR IT. THANKS, D.y

Gee that motor's 52 years old, how much could he want? Offer him a hundred bucks. I have a crate 472 hemi in my 71 cuda so I know it would be a good deal. Good luck with your deal. I bought mine when they were only $10 grand.

I have a pair of Holleys from a '65 Race Hemi I once owned if you get it and have need for um.

Unfortunately the individual parts to the right guy would make that motor more expensive to buy than just getting new parts. I would make him price it, you can't sell it and buy it too. If he won't price it just lowball him for about $2500. Either you'll get a good deal or he will get pissed and tell you what he thinks it's worth.

Unfortunately the individual parts to the right guy would make that motor more expensive to buy than just getting new parts. I would make him price it, you can't sell it and buy it too. If he won't price it just lowball him for about $2500. Either you'll get a good deal or he will get pissed and tell you what he thinks it's worth.
THAT'S GOOD ADVISE. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET HIM TO PRICE IT OF COURSE HE KEEPS SAYING ,,,MAKE ME AN OFFER. I'M SURE IT'S TO RICH FOR MY BLOOD. I MISS MICED THE CYLINDERS,, THERE.005 OVER. SOME ONE WHO WANTS AN A990 CLONE WILL MOST LIKELY GET IT.
THANKS, D.y

I've been looking around for a Hemi to put in my Dart Convertible and all of the 426 stuff has been grossly overpriced. I could build a 572 for what most of these dudes want for their 50 year old pile of parts. The original blocks weren't all that much compared to the new stuff. The new heads have to be a lot better than the originals and so on and so on.

-
Back