THIS IS A RARE 1974 "L" code 360 air cleaner,ONE YEAR ONLY!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340wedge1971

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Currently restoring a rare 1974 "L" code 360 air cleaner,just over 6000 made compared to tens of thousands of 340 air cleaners.This is the only the 2nd i have found in 4 years...Who wants first jibs?!Located in Ohio,$300 shipped lower 48.Also for sale locally,To all who have bashed my thread,do your homework before you do so,thanks!

Attachments

• nonamecovers 006.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 675
  • nonamecovers 014.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 665
Okay, what I should have asked was, how are they different.

see pic #1,its across from the snorkel,the hose is attached to it.facing the front of the motor,it is on the left (pass) side.

How is the breather tube clocked to the snorkel?

Attachments

• 360mopar.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 495
  • 74valvecover360andaircleaner.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 482
..............There not really rare, i have 3 as 1975 is the same, possibly 1976....., but that 1 is the real deal.....kim................

That is correct dusterific,this air cleaner is rare,the 1975 and later has a longer snorkel,double check what you have,if you have three of them,you hit the jack pot!

..............There not really rare, i have 3 as 1975 is the same, possibly 1976....., but that 1 is the real deal.....kim................

Heres your difference Kimmer!The 1975 air cleaners you have had a longer snorkel,usually black,the pics i posted are both 1974,A/E-bodies used the short snorkel,which make it rare if you are trying to restore one!One year only!

Attachments

• 74_360_ebody_03.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 463
  • 74_360_02.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 453
  • 3k63m03l45V25T05U0b274deaadab8d0a1f91.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 451
.............I knew what the difference was/is.........i'm just saying i have 3........1 is on my 40,000 mile 75 duster with #s matching everything, i had no reason to check the air cleaner as the rear end, 727 tranny, and motor carb,intake #s all matched. 1 i got on my 74 duster that i changed to a race car, and the other came with a 75 dart sport......all cars are factory 360 hp cars, `1 auto, 2 are 4 gears......over the years i gues anything can happen........kim.......

yeah!

.............I knew what the difference was/is.........i'm just saying i have 3........1 is on my 40,000 mile 75 duster with #s matching everything, i had no reason to check the air cleaner as the rear end, 727 tranny, and motor carb,intake #s all matched. 1 i got on my 74 duster that i changed to a race car, and the other came with a 75 dart sport......all cars are factory 360 hp cars, `1 auto, 2 are 4 gears......over the years i gues anything can happen........kim.......

I had a few of those when no one cared about original 74 360 cars. I think I got $50 for them back in the early 90's. Sure wish I still had them now.

you are right,74 cars are finally getting the respect they deserve!nobody gave a crap about them when they were built,very few,thats why they are so rare now.

I had a few of those when no one cared about original 74 360 cars. I think I got $50 for them back in the early 90's. Sure wish I still had them now.

I really am intrigued by the finer details of what seem to be similiar parts. Just went and looked at Valiant Patrol, a 1976 "L" code 360 that I have yet to find an unoriginal part on. It is a short snorkel type. No one can say for 100% sure if its original, but as documented second owner, with the first being a state municipality whose focus was maintenance vs. changing/upgrading, the probability of not being original is very low to me. So it puts a question mark on the one year only thing. Could the longer snorkel be a "B" and "E" thing given their wider engine bays? A longer snorkel in my engine bay would be very close to the battery.

From what i understand,A and E bodies took the short snorkel,B-bodies took the long.I am sure some spilled over into 1975 models and even other models in 74 depending on what they had on the line,who knows back then,but for the most part,it was a one year only air cleaner.I never knew they made a 1974 360 scamp...thats pretty cool!Like i said,you never know!

I really am intrigued by the finer details of what seem to be similiar parts. Just went and looked at Valiant Patrol, a 1976 "L" code 360 that I have yet to find an unoriginal part on. It is a short snorkel type. No one can say for 100% sure if its original, but as documented second owner, with the first being a state municipality whose focus was maintenance vs. changing/upgrading, the probability of not being original is very low to me. So it puts a question mark on the one year only thing. Could the longer snorkel be a "B" and "E" thing given their wider engine bays? A longer snorkel in my engine bay would be very close to the battery.

My 1975 bone stock Sport 360 HP has the short snorkle all orange air cleaner. It was born on May 7th 1975 in Hamtram. Dan

Well,from what it seems,it may be a 74-75 air cleaner,still rare as hell,that would make it approx 12,000 made instead of 6,000,compared to over 100,000 340 air cleaners,pretty rare in my book!They dont come up for sale much,thats for sure!

Well,from what it seems,it may be a 74-75 air cleaner,still rare as hell,that would make it approx 12,000 made instead of 6,000,compared to over 100,000 340 air cleaners,pretty rare in my book!They dont come up for sale much,thats for sure!

............Now, who eats crow.....................kim.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back