this is crazy

-

stroker mike

Reaction score
so I hard to make the hard choice, and I sold the dart. I got kids. No work since Jan 15. So anyway, I've been looking on craigslist and everywhere else I can think of to find another dart to start. I only have 500 left out of several thousand, that's what it took to get us out of the hole. So, I'm looking around, and did you know I could get an 84 vette for less money than a slant six 65 valiant? WTF??!! But I can't bring myself to do that. I'm very sad after the loss of the dart. There's a hole inside me that I just can't fill. Any of you who think that sounds lame or stupid, well you just don't know. I think maybe I'll just get a 440 and build it right, sell it, then maybe have enough for another swinger. But now we're talking another year till I can make it happen. Times are hard.

Hey C Stripe has several A-Bodies for sale for that much and they are really rust free cars to boot.

Sorry to hear that, you're not alone, so many folks having a rough go of it now. I can only hope that the world gets back to normal one day soon for you and all the others affected.

Thanks, guys. So, if you read this, C stripe, give me some details about your cars. And where you are located. Thanks, dusted72, for the tip!

just save and save and keep looking. it can get discuraging but stay focused and you'll have another dart before you know it.

I know how you feel. Once you have one you will always need one.. Good luck on the hunt.

Hell I am out of work and the trans is slipping in my girls daily driver, My car will never be finished and they want to repo my truck....and I still can't find work.....hell I went to donate plasma to make money and was turned down by them..........

It's a strange time we live in. The funny thing is that if you bought the vette and drove it, people would think you had all kinds of money.
Times were tight for me before all of the chit hit the fan....sold my truck and use the duster as a daily driver :)
People in my neighborhood think I've got all of this money because of my car. Little do they know that I've done ALL of the work myself (except the alignment) and have a comparatively small amount of money into it. ( compared to a used "insert name of rice burner here"
I know what it's like to live without an a-body...definitely not a good time, and now that I have one again...it would kill me to give 'er up.

Prepare for the deal, don't settle for something that's not "just right" and it'll come your way in time. When it does you'll be there to pounce on it and make the wait worth while.
~keep the faith~

I'll never forget the feeling of that first drive after I broke in the new cam, went from a 272 energizer to a monster hughes cam and I was pulling it onto 680 in 2nd and I just hit it as hard as she'd go... that front end lifted high and the back set down and that stroker started singin the prettiest song i'd ever heard... I remember pullin that ratchet back when the shift light lit at 6 and then thinkin I better get both hands on the wheel cause I am going FAST, boy, the wind was tearin at the hood scoop like it wanted to tear it off... I didn't look down again, I have no idea how fast I was goin but I swear here and now I will never quit till I get that feeling again. I cruised her home and checked the timing, 15 before tdc at idle, just choppin it up with a cackle you can't get without some real compression, it shook the ground... and I aint tryin to make it into some super car, but to me, it was. I got it right that time. But hey, we do what we gotta do. So, the next time it'll be a 67-69 swinger, and a 383 with a xe285hl, and a four speed... mark my words! I want to do the back end this time, get 11 1/2 or 12 inches of rubber back there. My main challenge will be the exhaust... finding headers for a big block dart that don't go out the fenderwells will be a task. Schumaker's don't fit with a four speed unless you have them worked... it ends up costing 800+... does tti make any that fit? Maybe some maddog's, I hear they fit pretty good, and he's a nice guy too. Thanks for lettin me vent here fella's, I knew you folks would understand.

-
Back