This is for people , who need a kick in the but, on project cars... (This SO ,fits Rusty Rat Rod.:)

-
if it runs/drives,.. yea.... bodywork?????? I say get the floors solid so you don't fall thru, and fix the rust in trunk floor/rear qtr so the fumes don't kill you gong down the road!!!!!ha

That's exactly what I've been doing with my Duster. Putting all my money in to the mechanicals and interior and leaving the body for a later time!

IMG_2255.JPG

old Mopars that are not driven are as worthless as tits on a boar hog, or as others might relate to, as worthless as a treehugger at a crawdad festival????ha

Thanks for posting! This is exactly the approach I took with my Dart. It drives people crazy that I won't paint it. I probably never will.

That's cool, Tim. Thanks. lol

I am makin progress, though however slow. I am converting RobKat to a five lug pattern to have the bigger 11" Maverick rotors and Ford's version of Mopar Road Wheels. Got the kit from Speedway that has rotors, GM metric calipers, brackets, bearings seals hoses and all. Got some Yukon cut to fit 5 lug axles for the 8".

I found a pair of HD Mustang II sway bars and restored them. The rear one is installed. Waitin on some good weather for my next days off and I will hang some parts.

I think my $200 beater 70 fits in well with the ratty muscle car theme. The original / 6 and automatic were in the trunk when I got it. I found the title in the car when I was cleaning it out so I had to put it together. It has a hopped up 318 and overdrive A833 trans right now.

20130504_162223-1-1.jpg

20161116_132124-1.jpg

20140115_111806.jpg

20161116_130438.jpg

my ocd is too bad to NOT fix the rust/paint on my Cuda, but i will drive it , you bet your *** i will !

...then ***** when i find road chips and scratches lol

My project could be a show quality build, but I have always wanted to drive the car. That being said, I will just call it "a thorough body and repaint job" not trying to win any trophies.:)

Yea.
I've got one of those on the shelf.
This is my next one for the following reasons.
1. It's an original unmolested B body so no one will ever think it is not "the real thing" without checking the VIN.

2. It's a cool car.

3 I don't want to ever be afraid to drive a car

4. I want to save as much of the original part as possible.

5 It's a cool car.

6.. I'm running out of time

7 it's a cool car.

8. At the rate I'm going I may die first if I do to much.

9. I'm going to save some money

10. It's a cool car anyway.

Yea.
I've got one of those on the shelf.
This is my next one for the following reasons.
1. It's an original unmolested B body so no one will ever think it is not "the real thing" without checking the VIN.

2. It's a cool car.

3 I don't want to ever be afraid to drive a car

4. I want to save as much of the original as possible.

5 It's a cool car.

6.. I'm running out of time

7 it's a cool car.

8. At the rate I'm going I may die first if I do to much.

9. I'm going to save some money

10. It's a cool car anyway.

I just watched this. Brought up lots of good memories from the early 70s when me, my brother and our friends were doing stuff like this, not with muscle cars but the plain models that you could get really cheap, sometimes as little as $10.

Swap in a hot engine, fix whatever mechanical problems they had, and get out and drive! Don't worry too much, if at all, about what it looks like. Cheap thrills, priceless, endless fun!

Very inspirational film clip. I also agree these old cars should be driven and don't have to be perfect. I'm guilty of going in to fix one thing, but then this other thing should be fixed at the same time. And then half the car is apart. So I'm trying to do better at completing smaller tasks, and getting it going again.

My sentiments exactly... great thread! Mine will be SAFELY running and stopping (someday i hope) LONG before it looks pretty. I love the gritty, nasty look anyway. I've watched my neighbor's frame-off restoration of his 68 mustang fastback sit on stands in his garage for 2 years now. It's painted all pretty, but there it sits... a pretty shell. Month after month, not moving along in the project cycle one bit.

-
Back