This showed up on my porch like this today

-

turtleheadjoe

Reaction score
Good job, good effort USPS.

image.jpeg

That's what happens when you try to cram 10lbs of crap in a 5 lb. bag.

Bubble wrap aint gonna hold them in the box IMO they shoulda been bubble wrapped then taped together. Looks like they were left to bounce around inside the box. Hope they are still functional

Uh, do the shocks even fit in the box when they aren't collapsed? Or did the shipper expect that the box was enough to keep the shocks collapsed?

Looks to me like they packed the shocks compressed and thought the box would contain them, but the force of the shock plus the ride itself broke through

They fit compressed, I'm guessing the box and tape just didn't hold them. I think this could've worked but it definitely needed more prep the more I look at it. Also usps must really chuck this stuff around

Who ships shocks compressed? Definitely not anyone I've dealt with before. When I worked with race cars all our race shocks showed up individually boxed, heavy cardboard, with packing at each end to prevent rolling/sliding/etc.

That said. I've seen boxes marked glass come in with foot prints on them. Glass stove tops that are 2 feet x 2 feet and there's 3 shoe prints right across the top. And the glass inside is garbage. Boxes that you can't tell used to be square. Etc etc.

I think it's both bad shipping/packing and bad handling by the carrier.

I hope you didn't pay much for shipping it looks like they could have walked to your front porch

Also usps must really chuck this stuff around

They do and boxes can and do get caught in sorting machines as well. I shipped 2 convertible latches to FL well packed in a small flat rate box with the box tapped all the way around on all sides and still only 1 latch showed up. I put a trace on it and no one remembers the box getting ripped open except the receiving post office. Hmmmm must have happened before we got it. The OP was lucky that the shocks even stayed in the box!

-
Back