This thread is not for the diehard Mopar guy!

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
So this morning I woke up for the third day in a row with a very sore throat. I decided enough of this pain and made a trip to urgent care. On my way home I was driving by the GM warehouse. I noticed they were having a open house and car show today. It's actually just a couple miles from my home in the industrial area of the City. So when I came home I google searched and found a flyer. It was free and open to all makes "No Imports allowed". I considered taking the Dart down there. It's actually a nice part of town for testing, but to be honest I just couldn't do it.

I still had to go check it out regardless, and I must say that GM, UAW, and the Groupe car club put on a hell of a good car show. I also had a chance to tour the 404,000 sf GM warehouse as well. I have a few pictures I'll start with, depending on how this thread goes. I might add some more or just join a GM forum.:D Let me know. :D

Attachments

• GM Lowrider show 011.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 350
  • GM Lowrider show 008.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 335
  • GM Lowrider show 047.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 335
  • GM Lowrider show 043.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 322
  • GM Lowrider show 038.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 346
  • GM Lowrider show 016.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 341
  • GM Lowrider show 025.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 341
  • GM Lowrider show 026.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 340
  • GM Lowrider show 017.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 337
  • GM Lowrider show 014.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 344
Pretty cool. I'm a "Car Guy" who prefers MoPars, and owns and appreciate all brands. You're right, it's not a Die hard MoPar guy thred, but it is a thread of the hobby. It's more of a "transportation thread", than anything else, and "I'm lovin' it". :thumbup:

I did refrain from test driving a new GM vehicle. Low riders aren't really my thing, but damn the paint and custom work is just over the top. These cars aren't built with a Jegs or Summit catalog. I just have to admire the workmanship involved in most of these cars, motorcycles, and bikes.

Attachments

• GM Lowrider show 018.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 309
  • GM Lowrider show 015.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 302
  • GM Lowrider show 012.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 295
  • GM Lowrider show 007.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 308
  • GM Lowrider show 006.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 304
  • GM Lowrider show 005.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 323
  • GM Lowrider show 004.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 303
  • GM Lowrider show 003.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 301
  • GM Lowrider show 002.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 302
  • GM Lowrider show 001.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 297
Nice day here in SoCal mid to upper 80's

Attachments

• GM Lowrider show 029.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 293
  • GM Lowrider show 034.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 289
  • GM Lowrider show 042.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 282
  • GM Lowrider show 041.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 295
  • GM Lowrider show 023.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 287
  • GM Lowrider show 035.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 299
  • GM Lowrider show 024.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 286
  • GM Lowrider show 021.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 296
  • GM Lowrider show 019.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 338
  • GM Lowrider show 009.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 275
I guess the cool thing to do at these low rider type shows, is to pull in and drag some metal just like these two trucks were doing.

Alright I'm done hope you guys will forgive me, but I did really have a good time for a couple hours this morning at this show.

Attachments

• GM Lowrider show 030.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 300
  • GM Lowrider show 031.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 280
  • GM Lowrider show 032.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 274
Well, I'm probably as 'die-hard Mopar' as it gets, but I do enjoy checking out the 'competition'. Gotta keep an eye on them, ya know. :D

And, as a bodyman I'm blown away with the detail work on the low riders. :thumbup:

I also like the '50s era Chevy trucks, as my first vehicle was a 1950 Chevy pickup originally purchased new by my Dad.

Thanks for posting,
Dallas

GM guys are all like... "I can build a 2x better car for the amount you spent on that mopar" and I'm like... "My car's still better" except I need a car LOL!

That yellow is hard on the eyes, but the quality of the workmanship makes me want to stare at it all day!!

I too am a car guy who just prefers Mopars, but I have had more than my share of fords and GMs over the years!! I agree that the low riders have awesome skills, and being from Michigan I don't see many,'but sure would like to see some of that fine workmanship up close!!

Thanks for sharing, it looks like a great show!! Geof

I like em all............prefer Mopars but won't turn down looking at another "brand" show. Stopped at a Shelby show yesterday in far North Dallas at Legacy Bank. Carroll's grandson is a big wig at the bank and this was their 4th annual show. Some over the top nice Cobras (most were kit cars) and Shelbys there.

Thank you for sharing some very nice steel, I appreciate and enjoy seeing cars I have never seen before, and this thread has that :glasses7:
I am digging the 62 chevy 2 door suburban, would I slam it to the ground :glasses7: no..
When I was at Petit Jean mountain I enjoyed asking folks in the swap meet area Where
is all the MoPar parts :glasses7:
I had one man say not here we are poor folks :toothy7:
Thank you for sharing zhandfull :cheers: How is your throat doing ?

Every time I see those cars that the low-rider builders have molested, I want to cry.

I was actually enjoying it , until I saw that idiot #88 stock car . But I'd sure like to see more of that low-boy 64 Galaxie 500 soft-top .

I'm what I call a true car nut, I like all cars just the same there some I would not own but I appreciate all types, the low riders are awesome those builders spare no expense at the details and their paintjobs are over the top, a true art form [a true car lover would not call them molested] every ones taste in this hobby is different. I want to thank you for posting this thread I wish we had stuff like this here in my neck of the woods!!!!!!

I like some of those more than others, but I will say an insane amount of work went into those. Impressive!

Thank you for sharing some very nice steel, I appreciate and enjoy seeing cars I have never seen before, and this thread has that :glasses7:
I am digging the 62 chevy 2 door suburban, would I slam it to the ground :glasses7: no..
When I was at Petit Jean mountain I enjoyed asking folks in the swap meet area Where
is all the MoPar parts :glasses7:
I had one man say not here we are poor folks :toothy7:
Thank you for sharing zhandfull :cheers: How is your throat doing ?

Glad I'm not the only one that enjoyed the cars here. I think I just enjoyed it mostly because it was a bit out of the ordinary for me. My throat seems to be getting better. I'm on antibiotics for a week.

-
Back