THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS INSULATION?

-

73SwungOut

Reaction score
Yooo wuts good everyone...Hope everyone has been blessed and well. Got a bunch of this new OWENS CORNING Thermafiber mineral wool from some fire cabinets at work. Was thinking of using it for insulation in my 73 Dart Swinger for the fire wall... floor...doors and trunk... Would this be a good idea or should I just trash it? I'm currently installing a new wire harness in the Swinger so I have everything off the car ( motor...seats..ect.) Hoping to hear from everyone's opinions before I make a wrong move.. Thanx my peeps

20231216_130757.jpg

20231216_130744.jpg

That looks like a sponge that just needs some water added.
I bet it is awesome stuff. Maybe keep around a bit before trashing it.
Good for protecting stuff while le doing a plumbing project. Flame protection!

Go modern and trash that old stuff
Thanx for helping me agree with myself lol. Would you happened to know any other good brands other than Dynamat? I Only know that brand from when I was in my 20s using it for audio.. Anything budget friendly?

That looks like a sponge that just needs some water added.
I bet it is awesome stuff. Maybe keep around a bit before trashing it.
Good for protecting stuff while le doing a plumbing project. Flame protection!
Yeah it's pretty expensive.

Here's stuff I used, when I had dash pulled. Got from hardware store cheap. Used 3M weatherstripping adhesive. Yellow gorilla snot.

20231216_222631.jpg

20231216_222635.jpg

20231216_222642.jpg

I think if you want something to collect moisture and rust your junk out, you have the right product.

AutoZone has mistakenly priced the Hushmat too low on item 80100, and you can get a 20% off including free shipping. Summit Racing has it regularly priced at $225 per box.

IMG_6563.jpeg

IMG_6564.jpeg

Here’s another product, made in Russia, that some swear by it.

IMG_6565.jpeg

Try and report back your experience.

Nobody has all the answers.

-
Back