Thoughts and opinions for my 727

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was looking around for trans parts for my build and came across the Cope 600hp build it yourself kit. It comes with a choice of valve body, billet drum and a bunch of other things.
I'm sorry I can't load up the link because I fabo on my phone.
Anyways the kit should support up to 700 hp.
It's a little over $2200 in price but it seems if I build it like that I won't break it easily.
What do you guys think.
I really don't have any definite numbers on my car yet, power or weight. I've done some calculators with conservative estimates my 470 should be around 640 hp with sft cam and I'm trying to get the car to weigh no more than 3200 with me in the seat.
Thanks guys

Is this the kit you're talking about: https://www.coperacingtrans.com/?product=crt-diy-600-hp-kit

Bushing kit
Washer kit
Blocker rod
Billet 4.2 lever
HD Band Strut
Billet Band Anchor
Performance front band
Performance rear band
Lowe reverse billet servo
16 Element drag sprag
15 new front drum springs
Deep aluminum pan
Oil pan stud kit
Race rebuild kit includes: performance clutches, steels, filter, teflon rings, seals and gaskets
Billet steel front drum w/ billet spring retainer
Billet front 4-pinion steel planetary w/ bearings

Is this the kit you're talking about: https://www.coperacingtrans.com/?product=crt-diy-600-hp-kit

Bushing kit
Washer kit
Blocker rod
Billet 4.2 lever
HD Band Strut
Billet Band Anchor
Performance front band
Performance rear band
Lowe reverse billet servo
16 Element drag sprag
15 new front drum springs
Deep aluminum pan
Oil pan stud kit
Race rebuild kit includes: performance clutches, steels, filter, teflon rings, seals and gaskets
Billet steel front drum w/ billet spring retainer
Billet front 4-pinion steel planetary w/ bearings
Yes thank you.

3 pedals and 4 gear what? :poke:
Just for you I'll put my 4 speed pedals in.
Maybe I'll use the clutch pedal for line lock lol.
I've thought of running a 4 speed.
I don't know what the cost difference would be?
Lemme call tim real quick

Best theft deterrent is a 4 speed, every old joe smo can drive an click stick. And look at some of those stick shift cars running in the 7’s….

Best theft deterrent is a 4 speed, every old joe smo can drive an click stick. And look at some of those stick shift cars running in the 7’s….
Tim told me how much the clutch alone would cost, that was all I needed to hear to stay with an auto.

Tim told me how much the clutch alone would cost, that was all I needed to hear to stay with an auto.
I think with the 470 an auto is the way to go, I believe tuning the chassis will be much easier.

I'll save my story about the guy lol with the 67 Coronet sporting a 650 hp 451 4spd fish tailing the whole 1/4 mile at Spokane on a 11" slick.
It took some serious chassis tuning and a 14X31 slick to tame it down.

I'll save my story about the guy lol with the 67 Coronet sporting a 650 hp 451 4spd fish tailing the whole 1/4 mile at Spokane on a 11" slick.
Sounds like toads wild ride. They are a handful..

That isn't much bigger than my tire and I'm probably lighter....

I can believe that. I’m ready for the story any time you want to type it out. Don’t be lazy.

Hey FYI that Cope kit does not include the valve body. Thats extra , just for your info:(

Who's going to re-rail this thread lol
Not me, Brother. I'm standinding behind you balls to the walls. Let me know if I can help with parts before we retire down south, You've always been good to me, and I'll get a Karma point from Saint Peter. Paul.

That's a lot of money for no valve body, BUT remember who you're dealing with. John Cope, IMO is the best in the business. You will get everything that you pay for. I say go for it.

Over the winter I bought the 904 DIY kit. Already had his RMVB in my 727 so just moved it over. Very happy with it. I think all told, I will have picked up 2.5 MAYBE 3 tenths going from a 727 to 904. I went to aluminum shaft, 300 more flash rpm on same dia converter and went low gear set. So it is not your TYPICAL 727 to 904 swap.

-
Back