thread notifications

-

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I do not get notifications about new posts on threads for about 40% of the threads I have posted in.
Why is that happening?
Is there something I can do to actually get all my posts?

I do not get notifications about new posts on threads for about 40% of the threads I have posted in.
Why is that happening?
Is there something I can do to actually get all my posts?

I don't think you will get notifications from others that post in the same thread that you have also posted in.

But, when someone quotes your post or "Likes" or "Agrees" or "Thanks" your post in that thread, then you will get a notification for that.

Hope that helps.

☆☆☆☆☆

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
Perhaps, I did not use the correct terminology.
I'm not speaking of email notifications.
I'm talking about the Alerts on the bar above.
I seem to only get some of the alerts.
Anytime I go through the New posts section I always find threads that have a new post that I did not get an alert about.
Then the thread gets pages and pages of talk and I have to go back through it all instead of being involved while it is happening.
So, not email notifications, rather Alerts are the problem.

I've been having the same problem since the last software upgrade, I thought it was just me.

I don't think you will get notifications from others that post in the same thread that you have also posted in.

But, when someone quotes your post or "Likes" or "Agrees" or "Thanks" your post in that thread, then you will get a notification for that.

Hope that helps.

☆☆☆☆☆
you get a notification's the first time some body reply's to the thread, none for any reply's after that

So, not email notifications, rather Alerts are the problem.
I've been having the same problem since the last software upgrade, I thought it was just me.

Are these threads you have "watched" or just posted in?

1676926965851.png

All are "Watched" threads. I know how it used to work before the last update, but since it no longer notifies me.

All are "Watched" threads. I know how it used to work before the last update, but since it no longer notifies me.

Okay, lets try this..

Click on the little alert bell. A box will come up showing your alerts. On the bottom will be a link for PREFERENCES - click that. Check your preferences for notifications

It happens "sometimes" to me as well, BUT I think if you get an alert and dont go visit the thread then you wont get future alerts? Hope that makes sense?

All or the appropriate boxes are checked, I've never gone in and changed anything there. One of mine that I follow is "My luck", I very very rarely get any notifications if someone has posted. Another is Hyperpak's thread about his Colt race car. I just happened to see he had posted recently, so I opened it. There was 2 months of postings that I was never notified of.

All or the appropriate boxes are checked, I've never gone in and changed anything there. One of mine that I follow is "My luck", I very very rarely get any notifications if someone has posted. Another is Hyperpak's thread about his Colt race car. I just happened to see he had posted recently, so I opened it. There was 2 months of postings that I was never notified of.

I dont think you get alerts every time someone posts.

-
Back