Throttle body spacers

-

MoparDaddy

Damn Right I Carry!
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there making spacers (custom or not) for the 87-91 360's?

I've never seen a tb spacer for that truck. Your very limited on power adders for that truck,I would convert it to a magnum or put a cummins in it. The magnum swap is not to bad on a 90 or 91.

Considering that's a short lived TB system. Your best bet would be to take the throttle body to a good metal shop and have them make you a spacer.

I've got a set of doug throley tri Y headers for your truck for sale on another forum.

How much? My funds are pretty limited for a short time. I'm pretty much just locating parts right now. I've been trying to find shortys for my truck, but can only find them for the mags

I've never seen a tb spacer for that truck. Your very limited on power adders for that truck,I would convert it to a magnum or put a cummins in it. The magnum swap is not to bad on a 90 or 91.

I would like a mag swap and a 5 speed. Cummins swap is too rich for my pocket

Considering that's a short lived TB system. Your best bet would be to take the throttle body to a good metal shop and have them make you a spacer.

That's what I'm afraid of...

...........I have a spacer, not sure what brand though, will have a look.....i have had it a few years, got it for my 89 truck.........kim........

Those trucks usually have a lot of room around the engine, I'd imagine the Hedman Tight Tube headers on my Duster would fit great on a truck. The collectors are right by the oil pan rail.

Those trucks usually have a lot of room around the engine, I'd imagine the Hedman Tight Tube headers on my Duster would fit great on a truck. The collectors are right by the oil pan rail.

A-body headers don't go down far enough to clear the floor pan if I'm not mistaken. B- body headers will work from what I hear

A-body headers don't go down far enough to clear the floor pan if I'm not mistaken. B- body headers will work from what I hear

This is probably true with long-tube headers but these shorties I'm talking about exit vertically (straight down at the ground) so you can fabricate downtubes that go wherever you need to make them hook up to your exhaust.

hed-78500.jpg

This is probably true with long-tube headers but these shorties I'm talking about exit vertically (straight down at the ground) so you can fabricate downtubes that go wherever you need to make them hook up to your exhaust.

What kind of starter clearance do they have? And how much you asking?

When I needed a spacer for my Super Six'd /6, I layered gaskets and like-shaped aluminum sheeting. On one of the sheets of aluminum I cut oversized to help shield and disipate heat from the intake manifold. The rest were cut to the shape of the gaskets. I made a stack 3/4 of an inch tall and had to buy longer studs/bolts. It really reduced the carb temperature too.

I've noticed mpg and throttle response difference on all the vehicles with spacers I've had

.............Mine is a Helix Power Tower #59015, i got it used and havent put it on yet...........made in Little Rock Ak...................kim........

How tall? Two hole or open? If you can't find what you are looking for I can make you whatever you want. Pm me if interested.

How tall? Two hole or open? If you can't find what you are looking for I can make you whatever you want. Pm me if interested.

Let me see what miss Kim has dug up for me and I'll let you know.

..............yes, i can email a pic from my phone...........kim.......
I'll send you my phone number and/or email in pm

.............Mine is a Helix Power Tower #59015, i got it used and havent put it on yet...........made in Little Rock Ak...................kim........

That p/n shows to be for 94-01. Do they interchange? I've not had my throttle body off, so I have no idea what will/won't work

Hey sorry I worded that wrong mine aren't for sale... but a pair of new bare headers like those is about $280 new

-
Back